Good nursery/grandparent friendly nappies

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Good nursery/grandparent friendly nappies

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 am

:idea:

Just wondering which nappies you would recommend for grandparents? I have a small supply og BGs which are in constant use as these are the easiest and most reliable nappies that I have in my stash. I also have Ittis but they have issues with doing these up tight enough and so they always leak when I send them over. I've tried lollipop pop-n-gro but these also seem to leak.

Any ideas (apart from buying more BGs)?

My avatar
nikkib
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Good nursery/grandparent friendly nappies

Postby nikkib » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 am

weenotions pockets? AIOs should go tight enough...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 am

To be honist i would prsonally avoid pockets and AIO's for nursery an grand parents purley becuase they have to do done up just right to prevent leaks...not loose around the legs etc etc... and also we found that these are far less reliable in terms of leaking than fitteds...

With fitteds it really isnt the end of the world if they are loose etc as they just chuck a wrap over the top :-? I know alot of people use pockets at nursery as its just quick to put it on like a disp but putting a fitted on is just the same but with a wrap over the top :) and lets face it wraps are pretty easy to use...especially the likes of mother easr rikki which just velcro up :)

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 am

I do occasionally send a few of measly supply of fitteds round when my pockets are in the wash and they do seem to cope ok. Trouble is grandad is still slightly confused with the idea of a nappy AND a wrap (even tho they used terries on their kids) and granny insists that the wrap is too tight when I show her. Its kinda annoying as when I go to pick DS up he's probably only worn 1-2 nappies as they will find excuses to put in sposies.

I've explained that the nappies need to be done up fairly tight and that they don't hurt him in anyway - can still get finger inserted in the top of the nappy and there are no red marks on his legs/thighs. They are trying, bless em, but coz sposies were the choice in their day they think these are better for him. :x

My avatar
nikkib
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby nikkib » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 am

what about a fitted with wool trousers then? then they only need to worry about changing the nappy and can just put the trousers back on and you don't have to worry about wraps being done too loose/tight?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 am

nikkib wrote:what about a fitted with wool trousers then? then they only need to worry about changing the nappy and can just put the trousers back on and you don't have to worry about wraps being done too loose/tight?

WSS, if its just grandparents then i would do this...this is my 'daddy' solution as hubby cant be bothered with wraps... and we dont use wraps at home, we will just use them for nursery when he starts...

But i wont send my woolies to nursery :oops: maybe fleece? or interlock? i think they would just take more of a bashing than knitted woolies :)

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:02 am

Emma, I'm having exactly the same problems as you...the only ones my husband can put on properly are the bumgenius or blueberrys. He says he doesn't like the poppers but they're not exactly hard are they?! We've had disasters with ittis when I've let him change Ewan. Think I'm going to have to build my BG stash some more or organise an intensive training course for everyone in the family. We're looking at nurserys at the moment - we've only looked at two but I've specifically been asking whether they can cater for me using real nappies....answer at both was "err...I'm sure we'd be able to if you showed us what to do", doesn't inspire me with confidence!!! :shock:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 am

simlou wrote:answer at both was "err...I'm sure we'd be able to if you showed us what to do", doesn't inspire me with confidence!!! :shock:

Im a nursery nurse and honstly they just probably havnt come accross them before and there are alot of different types :wink: before I had either of my kids We had a baby come to nursery in bambino mio prefolds and i was horrified...couldnt get my head around them at all :oops: :giggle: but i did with practice and went on to use cloth on both my children :) If you show them they will pick it up fast! :D At least they are willing to learn :wink:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:23 am

I have just this morning phoned the nursery that Tadhg went to to make an appointment for next week with Conan and i mentioned cloth. Their response was "great, we like the ones with velcro best" :wine:
So i am relegating my BG stash for nursery, but maybe after this thread may consider fitteds and wool as well cos i can knit a pair of shorties from cascade 220 for a fiver, which i know from previous experience will get trashed(lots of painting and rolling around in the sand pit) :lol:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat