hf1

Good nursery/grandparent friendly nappies

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Good nursery/grandparent friendly nappies

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:57 pm

If Grace goes to nursery I'll probably use BG. They're dh faves & when I was working he always chose them (even at night!!) He does well with whatever I hand him now but I still think he'd prefer bg but I don't often reach for them for Grace.

One of our friends at church is doing her childminding & will probably have the girls & then I'll probably send different ones depending on her preferences. She says she used cloth on a little boy in the nursery she used to work in so is confident with it. :D

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:06 pm

My childminder/granparent friendly brand was greenkids as they had velcro fastening and there were efficient and aaaaaalmost as thin as disposable.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Emma1977 wrote:I sent Max to his grandparents with 5 flexi-tots and a wrap today and his gran coped fine. I actually felt sorry for her when I went to collect him as he had obviously just done a big smelly poo. The smell was pretty :shock: and she was sat on the floor with a dirty nappy, writhing baby, wet wipes everywhere struggling to get him into a clean nappy. I could almost hear her shouting "why can't I use a sposie" :cry:

Bless her. She does seem to be trying so hard.

I was just going to say "but there's hardly any difference between a BG and a sposie" and then it occurred to me that of course the very big difference is that you can't just throw a dirty BG in the bin :hohoho:. At least she is trying - maybe going through some of the pros of cloth (again, no doubt) would convince her a bit more? A big one for me is that untreated human waste doesn't belong in a landfill leaching into the subsoil, much better in a septic tank or the sewer system! :wink:

We don't have any velcro but OH always goes for our pockets (even if Lili's wearing wool :roll:). He's always been behind cloth but I had to :widesmile: today when I sent Lili out to him in her lovely new aqua sea WN with the big koi carp embroidery and he went "wow, great nappy Lili! it's almost a shame to cover that up!" :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat