hf1

Good nursery/grandparent friendly nappies

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Good nursery/grandparent friendly nappies

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 am

simlou wrote:Emma, I'm having exactly the same problems as you...the only ones my husband can put on properly are the bumgenius or blueberrys. He says he doesn't like the poppers but they're not exactly hard are they?! We've had disasters with ittis when I've let him change Ewan. Think I'm going to have to build my BG stash some more or organise an intensive training course for everyone in the family. We're looking at nurserys at the moment - we've only looked at two but I've specifically been asking whether they can cater for me using real nappies....answer at both was "err...I'm sure we'd be able to if you showed us what to do", doesn't inspire me with confidence!!! :shock:

:hug: my DH is actually pretty good with our cloth stash and can get a better fit on DS with out ittis than I can :shock: He's been brill and very supportive from the start - he just turns a blind eye to my spending sprees :giggle: He's learned to say "oohh thats nice" whenever I show him a new nappy but no longer asks what it cost. Smart man :D

Tory - I'm looking to get some woolies for my stash as, yes, they would make an good option of just changing the nappy and putting the trousers back on. I need an unlimited paypal fund to get my stash how I want it :x Why did I start so late :furious: :furious:

:hohoho: at the training course. I did this with the ILs and went thru how to put on BGs, Ittis and some flexi-tots with a wrap (aplix is easier for them) and they nodded that yes they had it fine. Then Max came home with nappies on loose or in a sposie. :roll:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 am

anything with aplix is good, or a good AIO. maybe use wool too x

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:18 am

No advice im afraid but my dh only seems to manage to cope with our bg, so i have told him thats all he can touch :giggle:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 am

Lots of good advice on the thread but one thing that is def coming thru is God Bless BGs :wine: :wine: :giggle:

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:25 am

He he I was going to say bg's my mum having used terries on us was amazed at the bg's. Hubby actually prefers them to disposables :wine:

But I've recently come round to all in 2's. Is that an option? I bought one recently from jabula nappies (my son's sleeping in it so can't check the name but is something c....bub!) and it's great and fits him really well.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:32 am

Emma1977 wrote:Lots of good advice on the thread but one thing that is def coming thru is God Bless BGs :wine: :wine: :giggle:

:wine:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:41 am

For all those of you who are BG fans and are looking to increase your stash - thought you might like to know there are 20 white (nearly new) BGs for sale in Classifieds. :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:41 pm

I've just upped our stash for nursery and am sticking purely with velcro pockets...

Our nursery stash are:
Happyheiny OS (they have poly prints now too) which are fab and you can fit a lot in if needed...
BG
BBOS (because I have two already and couldn't resist the new daisy print one)
Standard Minki (tho' this is quite bulky and was only using it until my new ones arrived as I didn't quite have enough)
Naturebabies stuffables which come with fab bamboo inserts
Oh and a Greenkids that I've borrowed from Annette...

No issues with containment so far for us...

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 pm

My mum gets on great with our Coolababy's. We've had no problems with leaks etc. I use the mf insert it comes with and boost with some LL bamboo boosters.
They aren't for skinny legged babies though, but fit great on my wee man's chunky thighs.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat