what to do on holiday....

My avatar
mozscrafton
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

what to do on holiday....

Postby mozscrafton » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi :D

I was just wondering how all you lovely people manage with your nappies when you're away? we're going away at the end of next month and i REALLY don't want to use disposables - i had such a nightmare with them the last time we were away for a few days :x

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:46 pm

Where are y0u 0ff t00? H0w l0ng f0r?

When we are away in the uk I take cl0th. Last time I t00k my fluffles and 3 night nappies and two wet bags. We had access t0 a washer, drier and airer inside and 0ut and as fluffles dry s0 fast we were fine with0ut t00 much stuff. We were in Dev0n f0r a week in self catering c0ttage.

When we were abr0ad I t00k disp0s :( Hated them but n0 real alternative f0r a f0rtnight in an apartment c0mplex.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:47 pm

well it depends...if i am going somewhere with easy washing facilities, then i just take them with, but for airoplane trips i keep having to revert back to sposies (not enough space in hadlugge for propper nappies) and in hotels, its the horrible sposies again...someone suggested to me to put a wrap on top of them if you have leakage problems.
hth
and you have a lovely break
shevi

My avatar
mozscrafton
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mozscrafton » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:57 pm

we're going to center parcs for 4 days (i don't think i have enough nappies to do 4 days without washing!) i'm trying to find out if they have laundry facilities there, there's nothing in their info or website that i could see :?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 pm

on baby centre there have been a few ladies who have taken their cloth to centre parcs, there were good laundry facilities....and i cant remeber what else!
good luck with it, i know that being in sposies feels like harder work than cloth cos you keep having to take a peak, cos they smell...and then they leak and you have to chnage all the clothes...and at night, well the sprog wakes cos he is cold and wet from the overflowing nappy!
hope your centree patcs has good washing stuff
shevi

My avatar
mozscrafton
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mozscrafton » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Shevi wrote:i know that being in sposies feels like harder work than cloth cos you keep having to take a peak, cos they smell...and then they leak and you have to chnage all the clothes...and at night, well the sprog wakes cos he is cold and wet from the overflowing nappy!shevi

i know! we had a few days away at christmas and i went through so many clothes cos it leaked right up her back everytime she pooed!! :shock:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:10 pm

that was the first time mt dh admitted to the superiority of cloth, on holiday, baby poos (was about 6 month old), he starts to change him then hands him over as its everywhere, every morning we were woken early as his whole bed was sopping, and he got a rash and dh said 'This never happens at home!' and i said 'Thats right you doofus, that cos i dont use these silly bits of paper at home either!'
its like using a plastic knife to cut open a nut and then being suprised that the knife breaks...and the nut is still whole...duh!
(probably not the best comparison, but i'm tired!)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:22 pm

Shevi - you make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have used cloth when we have been away! I did have enough to last the 4 days without washing though :oops: just rinsed them and popped them in wetbags to bring home!

Just a though but do public laundrette facilities 'allow' people to wash nappies in the communal machines????????

jan x

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Nappyjan wrote:Just a though but do public laundrette facilities 'allow' people to wash nappies in the communal machines????????

jan x

personally i wouldn't ask :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat