hf1

what to do on holiday....

My avatar
mozscrafton
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mozscrafton » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:28 pm

Shevi wrote:
Nappyjan wrote:Just a though but do public laundrette facilities 'allow' people to wash nappies in the communal machines????????

jan x

personally i wouldn't ask :oops:

me neither! :lol: never even thought about asking?? (not that i have ever used a laundrette!)

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:15 am

mozscrafton wrote:
Shevi wrote:
Nappyjan wrote:Just a though but do public laundrette facilities 'allow' people to wash nappies in the communal machines????????

jan x

personally i wouldn't ask :oops:

me neither! :lol: never even thought about asking?? (not that i have ever used a laundrette!)

I'm sure i saw a sign in the Haven laundrette thingy stating not to wash 'heavilly soiled items' in the machines!

jan x

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:31 am

:oops: We used sposies at center parcs too ... :oops: Although there was a machine in the chalet I think.... Have you got comfort or superior or what ever it is. I made sure we paid to get closer to the centre because (a) we were taking Alex's bike that he had just learned to ride without stabilisers and (b) we were too blimmin lazy! Which means we weren't in the comfort rooms. waffle waffle.

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:51 am

I've taken tushies mates and wraps camping, and taken cloth (mostly terries) to flats, and overnighted at hotels with cloth. Public transport might make it tricky. In the flat we've rented in Filey I wash them in the flat and take them to the laundrette to dry cos i'm a tumble addict...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am

When we go away we take our gDiapers and lots of prefolds and terries to stuff them with. We find these the smallest to pack and we have enough to last about 4 days. We have a huge Swaddlebees wet bag to store them in between washes. And mostly we have had washing facilities.

When we flew to Greece though, we took disposables.

I would just put the nappies in the launderette machine and not tell anyone. I am sure there are more dirty things get washed.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 am

We take cloth everywhere, camping, on flights, you name it! Last time we used a disposable dh and I were so grossed out even dh wouldn't consider it again.
Anyone wants an almost full pack of Moltex then I'm your lady!!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat