hf1

Where do you store yours...???

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Where do you store yours...???

Postby mabo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:27 pm

OK, so I've got my nappies, am using them, washing them and at the moment they end up in a big bag downstairs.

I've gotten used to changing Anna on a changing mat downstairs because its easier with Joshua around instead of having to go upstairs, but this big bag is starting to get in the way.

Now I'm looking for somewhere to put the nappies in Anna's room but the chest of drawers in her room is full of her clothes and bedding SO....

Where do you all keep your nappies? I have visions of nappies bulging out of drawers and wardrobe doors, especially those who are most addicted :wink:

Marijke x

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:32 pm

At the minute ours are in a laundry bucket by our changing table, and also stuffed into all of the shelves under the changing table too. It's doing my head in and I intend to get a small chest of drawers to organise them in as a bucket and overflowing shelves isn't really the look I want for my living room :oops: :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:32 pm

I have my most used ones in a nappy stacker hanging up from a shelf, but you could hang it on the back of a door.

Others are in baskets as we have far too many to keep in any one place! :wink:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm

I have a big Ikea basket full of nappies, then smaller ones for wipes and wraps. We keep our nappies downstairs though as we change mostly down here and I use an old fleece blanket on the floor to change on.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm

PS, I'm not very addicted, so I'm interested to see what the more addicted do also :lol: . I only have I think 17 current fitting nappies, plus a few on the way.

Wow I really don't have many, I thought it was more than 17 lol.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:34 pm

ours are stored on the changing table unit with chest of drawers under - that's when they are not drying, on the stairs waiting to go up, or not fitting in so left in piles lying around :lol:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:35 pm

Annette, I was thinking of a stacker, do they fit well? I thought with stackers being made for dispos they mightn't fit the cloth with it being bulkier.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:35 pm

I store Evies here!!

It is from Next and i am sure they still do it. Cost about £12 and has 12 pockets and the pockets easily hold 2 nappies each. It;s really handy considering we are abit limited on storage space in Evies tiny box room. Plus once it no longer stores nappis it can hold other items too.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Annette, I was thinking of a stacker, do they fit well? I thought with stackers being made for dispos they mightn't fit the cloth with it being bulkier.

Well you do need to be careful, you want one with an opening at the front - some just have a little opening in the side, no use for cloth. We have a fairly small one just from Babies R Us and it probably fits about 15 stuffed pockets in it, I think you can probably get bigger ones - I will try to remember to take a photo later.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat