hf1

Aaargh why do they say that using cloth is a hassle?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Aaargh why do they say that using cloth is a hassle?

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 pm

I mention it to preg friends "don't suppose I could get you to try cloth nappies" and when I get the :shock: look I just back off and ingnore them when they say it is a hassle :roll: I do know some one who wants a couple of wraps to cover sposies though to make them prettier!!!
We pop a sposie on Gracie when we are travelling long distance and I am for ever checking for poo or accusing the other 2 of farting!!!

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 pm

you should see the looks i get sometimes when i say i run my own CN business :giggle:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Rutella wrote:
Emma1977 wrote::x Its just one of those stereotype images that can only be overcome by trying it. Cloth = old terry nappies = smell, hassle and lots of washing :twisted: Nothing could be further from the truth.

What they should really fear is the addiction of buying. Cloth nappies should come with a warning like it does on packs of cigs :giggle:

yeah, I tried to say that the only hassle was choosing between all the goregous fluff available but then they really thought I'd lost it!

If you used that exact term then I'm suprised they didn't wheel you off to the loony bin there-n-then. Nappies! Fluff! :-? :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:42 pm

I have two pg friends who have asked me for info, so hopefully we will have two more converts soon. One is very matter of fact and will just buy 15 BGs, the other has potential to come over to the dark side :wink:

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:47 pm

my best mate is due tomorrow and she has agreed to convert already :giggle: i showed her the weenotion site.........

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 pm

babygrowbelly wrote:my best mate is due tomorrow and she has agreed to convert already :giggle: i showed her the weenotion site.........

:wine: :giggle:

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 pm

i get a few people ask me y, i had someone say oh u a bit of an echo hippy tree huggin person once, So bless poor ty i whipped him out his pram, pluued his trousers down and showed her his nappy, and just said " wouldnt u love ur little one in this and many more like it" Her face was a true picture, She had a lil boy and he was dressed as such a proper little boy if u get me, and ds happened to be wearin his gkft Flames and she loved it, wanted to know where it come from so i told her, but then she chaned again and said whats the point u dont see them blar blar blar, so i said no u dont but i do! lol everythin she came at me with i had an answer for and she werent impressed, lol serves her right,
Mind u my mum and my nan even asked y i bother with cloth, then i showed them my stash and they said they were quite cool. My mum thinks its ironic as she used the old fluff with me and sposies with my lil sis but iv done it other way sposies with my dd and cloth with ds. She even brought one from wn for xmas and then i found out she keeps looking at the sight to see all the embroideries to get ideas for his bday i think lol.
Altho im yet to work on her about me taking them over to france in the summer with me and having to use her machine to keep washing them. ( mind u gonna need a suitcase just for nappies and wash stuff i think as we go for 3 wks at a time) :-? think she thinks ill just use sposies ha ha ha she wronnnnggggggg! lol
UH UH UH UH i forgot to say i think i may have a convert!!!! A friend of my mums - her daughter is pg and is into the enviroment and helpin etc so told mum to tell her about cnt and she did and i think she looking into it, well she will do, ( dont know if has or not to be honest havent asked) she had thought about cloth but was put off i think by her mum sayin about folding the old terry's etc etc till my mum told her u dont fold much nowdays u just stuff n go etc
As for FLUFF, well even my nans startin to know what fluff is, and my mum shocked my earlier when i said ty had his vhc wnnl she knew exactly what i meant. (iv had to explain the abbrevs a couple of times for different things lol )but she gettin there.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm embarrassed to say that with Josh (nearly 9 years ago!) I was the same! I'd been given a bag of shaped terries (which actually were fine with a fleece liner when Louis was a NB and getting changed every 2 hours :giggle: - would have been hopeless after long though!) and just put them in the 'too hard' basket! Reason being in France I couldn't get pins or plastic pants or nappy san :hohoho: :hohoho: oh if only I'd known then what I know now!!

Where in France are you moving to? Hope you get your washer back asap!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 am

Iam often referred to as an earth mama! :bf: is weird enough for ppl let alone cloth nappies! :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat