hf1

They're All My Babies!

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

They're All My Babies!

Postby charlala » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I've finally sat down and made a list of all the nappies I own and my stash is embarrassingly large! I need to sell some but I don't know how - I love them all for different reasons.
I don't want to give up my cheapies as they're worth more to me ekpt
for next LO than they are sold for a few £s and I like using a mixture of types so have pockets, fitteds and my ittis.
Has anyone got any tips for helping an addict to part with her fluff???

:D x

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: They're All My Babies!

Postby twinkletot » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I had to get rid of my pockets as ds kept leaking :( . I loved each one BUT I then remembered I could get new fluff with the funds. That helped a lot :hohoho:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:28 pm

:giggle: :giggle: You have to be ruthless!
it's so hard to part with nappies so you have my total sympathy :hug:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Fraid not :D I've been spending like a mad idiot this month trying to make my stash more respectable....Louise its your fault (and all the rest of you who have gorgeous stashes) :giggle: :mrgreen:

I sold a few but most of them I wonder what I will do with once DS potty-trains as I don't think I could bear to part with them. Will keep most of them until I know the sex of my second (once I get pregnant). And then if its a girl I will just focus on having all those new patterns and fabrics to choose and this time round I will know what to avoid.

Just take comfort in knowing that their new bums will love them as much as you did :lol:
Last edited by Emma1977 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:37 am

just remember that some1 will love them as much as you and you get £££ to spend on more fluff!!!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm ruthless too, I think I'm so addicted to getting new fluff that no matter how lovely my stash is I always want more, but have to sell to buy... so the slightest excuse (a bit lukewarm about the fit or the color/print, haven't been reaching for it lately, etc.) and the nappy is for the chop! :giggle: I can see what you mean about not wanting to sell the lower-value stuff though, especially with the market the way it is at the moment :-?.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:03 pm

I always look for something I want to buy first, then sell what is a bad fit or I have lots of!
im quite happy with my stash at the moment but I have well over 30 which is my agreed maximum with hubby but I can't let any of them go!!!!!!! it's hard selling so I understand :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Im ruthless too im afraid...if I havnt used something in a couple of weeks then i start to think about parting with it, i dont have the room to store nappies that i dont really use and also i like spending the funds on new stuff! :mrgreen:

After all they are JUST nappies and my addiction is deffinatly with the shopping rather than the actual nappy :shock: runs off quick before i get lynched!!! :shock: :giggle:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:24 pm

i find it hard to part with some of the nappies, especially if there newer ones and they dont fit right i still keep them for a little longer just incase alister changes shape!
but i have to say i have SO many nappies that arent fitting right atm, i need to sell really!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat