hf1

help before dh uses the d word

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

help before dh uses the d word

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 am

Dh is threatning to put pippa in disposables overnight if we don't get something sorted. We use pop in bamboo's with the night booster but are having major problem with leaking. They fit well and absorbancy wise or ok but since pippa's started sleeping on her tummy with her bum in the air we've got problems. They leak out the top and her vest and growbag end up wet through. I know i should buy some proper night nappies but things are very tight financially at the moment so can't afford any. The thing is the back of the inserts are dry, it just seems that as she's weeing it's running out the front before it absorbes, last night she woke up as she'd poo'ed and was out of clean pop ins so ended up putting a udos stuffed with a greenkids double bamboo insert and a ep hemp in it, and again really good fitting, but her vest and growbag were soaked and the front of the nappy was wet through, but the inserts were bone dry at the other end, any suggestions other than sellotaping her to the cot :giggle:
thanks
xx

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: help before dh uses the d word

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:15 am

You need to put something fast absorbing on top, such as a mf insert. then bamboo (like a pd)folded in 3 with it stuffed in right to the front. then 2 ep hemp. see how that goes x

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 am

thanks hun will give it a try tonight :wine:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:32 am

Sounds like you need to boost the nappy more. How about using wool or fleece over the pocket for an extra waterproof layer? If im stuck, this works for us :wink:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:47 am

Also try undoing her vest - DS leaks if his vest is done up overnight either in disposables or night nappies.

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 am

I second the undone vest. Quite often T goes to bed without a vest on as he co-sleeps with us and its plenty warm with all three of us tucked up ;) But if he has a vest on it presses on the bigger night nappy and causes wicking. xx

Good luck for tonight! :hug:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:54 am

i third the undone vest!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:37 pm

I agree, you could always put a wrap over the top - fitted with wraps are generally more reliable than pockets/AIOs! You could probably pick up a cheap Mother-ease wrap or something on the classifieds, they're very reliable and not thick/bulky (Airflows are a little poofy but they're still very thin material so wouldn't add a lot of bulk). Or, even better, get some woolies!! Not sure what size you need but there are some lovely and very reasonably priced S/M longies and soakers here. :wink:

I always thought wool would be too much effort but it really is so easy to care for, and cute too!

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Peacocks did sell(before christmas) fleece pj sets for £4, got one for Conan and the bottoms work brilliantly at night with a fiited only, also the top is quite warm and so he only wears a t-shirt under the it with his sleeping bag. Just a thought :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat