hf1

help before dh uses the d word

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: help before dh uses the d word

Postby charlibunny » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

More front boosting (bamboo?) and fleece or wooly PJ's with a non popper vest :) :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:You need to put something fast absorbing on top, such as a mf insert. then bamboo (like a pd)folded in 3 with it stuffed in right to the front. then 2 ep hemp. see how that goes x

Bamboo IS fast absorbing...
I avoid MF at night as it tends to cause leaks by squishing wee out as it doesn't hang onto it like bamboo and hemp do...

Fitteds and wraps are better for nights and easier to boost...

Fold an insert in half and put it at the front for starters...

I agree with the vest thing too - personally I just size up a vest size on Grace so it's not tight at all...

TBH it doesn't sound like there's enough in there... You probably need at least two EP hemp and a thick layer of bamboo at the front minimum for nights...

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm

I've rarely been able to use a pocket nappy for night-times, although nappies by minki are pretty reliable when well stuffed! I've always used a 2-part nappy with a big enough wrap or else wool or fleece, and even though its usually a huge night-time bum, leaks are pretty rare.

Sounds to me like a good excuse to shop for something new... :D

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Does Pippa have any fitted nappies that you could stuff for night time and cover with wool?

The only pocket I EVER got to work at nights was a slinki Minki with PUL and fleece and stuffed till she looked like a Weeble. Fitteds and wool all the way for nights. I've got a knitted woolen soaker that you can have FFP, it's a large, the dye had run so it was given to me FFP and I wouldn't like to sell it for profit, it's absolutely bombproof and would work over a boosted fitted I think. PM me if you want it, beauts.

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 pm

i agree with the boosting and deffo try wool lala rarely goes to bed without it on now she doesnt wear a vest to bed but if she did i wouldnt fasten it

hope you get sorted :hug: :hug:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat