hf1

newborn nappies for newborns whats the best?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

newborn nappies for newborns whats the best?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi all.
Am soooo excited as my partner has agreed we can start trying for another baby in may when ethan turns one. :wine: :wine:
Anyway....i had Ethan in disposables for the first month ish as i had a load of diddy diapers but they seemed a little bulky on him at first.
Ive kept all of the diddy diapers for next time though as we hardly used them as ethan was long and he seemed to outgrow them faster than the weight range they should fit and he went onto motherease sandys nd rikki wraps...which i loved when he was smaller (we now use pockets)
I think the small sandys would have been a little bulky also on him from tiny newborn (i have also kept all my small sandys to reuse) but am interested to see what other 2 parters are small and neat fitting on newborns.
I am thinking perhaps of getting some x small sandys for the first few weeks but what else works well and isnt too bulky?
Are size 0 kissaluvs any good? And i know its a pocket but whatabout x small fuzzis? ps.... i should mention that i prefer nippa nappies or poppers for newborns!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(and yes i know ive got plenty of time but it gives me the opportunity to grab any newborn nappies that i like and you girls may suggest when they come up cheap on the classifieds! :giggle:
thanks xx :)
Last edited by angiepangie2809 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: newborn nappies for newborns whats the best?

Postby toryuk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm

T just went straight into BGs when he was a week old and we didn't have any problems at all. No leaks, no exploding escaping poos - they were brilliant! They are even daddy proof :giggle:

My avatar
twiggy56
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twiggy56 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:33 pm

im gearing up for my little arrival and iv only got small sized itti bitti's so far! But her BG looks like it wont be too bulky for nb...possibly looking at the sized fuzzi's?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:41 pm

There was a thread about nb fluff recently here. :wink: You can get XS sandies you know. :wink: I loved them on Katie and Bimbles too. I'd go with all WAHM nappies now though if I had the choice - WN, JR, HO, DnF, FnS, HL. :D

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Louise wrote:There was a thread about nb fluff recently here. :wink: You can get XS sandies you know. :wink: I loved them on Katie and Bimbles too. I'd go with all WAHM nappies now though if I had the choice - WN, JR, HO, DnF, FnS, HL. :D

I would too! and swaddlebees (although not tried a JR or FnS yet), our small WNNL was and still our fav and I have a ickle tiny pink xs pocket AIO nappy that was a lovely fit on a tiny NB,

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat