hf1

Buying cloth for a cloth virgin

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Buying cloth for a cloth virgin

Postby northernruth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:57 pm

What do you think? owe a mate a present for her 3rd LO, I am really mates with her DH altho have lost touch a bit but get on with her fine, she is a SAHM living in London but has not used cloth with the other two as far as I know (and we went on hol with them when no 2 was 6 months old)

Should I buy her an Itti as a present? We are seeing them in two weeks so want to have a pressie for the LO by then.

Also was thinking Ittis as they are so popular but they never worked for us, would I be better getting her a BG? They are what I always recommend to virgins but they aren't as pretty :giggle:

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Buying cloth for a cloth virgin

Postby WeeNotions » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Can I spam you an idea? I don't normally like posting on threads like this about our stuff, but this isn't on the shop, so you won't know about it unless I tell you. No worries at all if not :D

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Yes. spam away!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I have BGs and Ittis and love both but I have had more problems with my Ittis where my BGs have rarely let me down (and they are what convrted me back to cloth). Ittis have def got the cuddle factor but BGs have the reliability and ease of getting a good fit without too much experiementation.

I would go with the BG personally - they can always try a preloved itti later on if they decide to go with cloth. :wine: to them being open to the idea in the first place, though.

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:28 pm

:D

I made this last week for someone wanting a gift for a cloth nappy virgin expecting her first baby:

This is the outer of the nappy:

The set includes a small TouchTape pocket nappy with a small insert (6 layers, microfibre and bamboo) and a set of washable wipes. I included information sheet on how to use the pocket and insert, another on how to use the wipes and then a general leaflet on cloth nappying :D

I wanted something that would be nice and easy to use and a trim fit (when I very first used cloth I was really put off by the bulk of the nappies, so I didn't want to suggest a one size). It has a Mocha inner too, so fingers crossed there will be no meconium stains if she chooses to use it for her first nappy :widesmile: .

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Wee Notions spam always welcome :wink:

Maybe a copy of this article http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/fashion/a ... diapers.do and a bumble bee cushie tushie?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm

:shock: thats gorgeous - wish someone had bought something like that for me when I had Max. Much nicer than a BG any day.... :giggle:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Aww Suzanne that is so cute!!! :widesmile: and a fantastic idea!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm

gayleygoo wrote:Aww Suzanne that is so cute!!! :widesmile: and a fantastic idea!

WSS!!!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat