Buying cloth for a cloth virgin

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Buying cloth for a cloth virgin

Postby WeeNotions » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:04 pm

:D ta everyone.

I wasn't going to put on sized front fastening nappies, but I can do if there is enough interest in them :D

I'll get back to you tomorrow about costs :D

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm

i would like a price please!! I still have to complete my order that started weeks ago..... i just keep seeing more and more items i like :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:05 am

:hohoho: total thread hijack!

Love that nappy but her LO was born November so would I have to go up a size? So much nicer than a BG I agree

Anyway what I need to know as well is what anyone thinks about whether it's ok to buy her a nappy as a present - is it a bit too preachy????

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 am

northernruth wrote::hohoho: total thread hijack!

Love that nappy but her LO was born November so would I have to go up a size? So much nicer than a BG I agree

Anyway what I need to know as well is what anyone thinks about whether it's ok to buy her a nappy as a present - is it a bit too preachy????

I don't think it's too preachy. I think the main thing is will she use it? I've got a few pg at the moment & I'd love to get them a pretty nappy but they won't use them so there's no point :cry: One of my friends has got a few bg she bought when I converted but before her ds PT she used to just throw them in to wash with her clothes & used so much washing powder it was unreal. :-? She then wondered why they leaked. A couple of times I've had to lend her a nappy but I've always said I'll wash it myself cos I didn't want them to get spoiled. I'm such a nappy snob! :oops: :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 am

northernruth wrote::hohoho: total thread hijack!

Sorry :oops:

Why don't you ask her? That's what I always do with friends having babies, I hate the thought of them not being used, so I just ask them :wink:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 am

northernruth wrote:Anyway what I need to know as well is what anyone thinks about whether it's ok to buy her a nappy as a present - is it a bit too preachy????

I dont think its too preachy, but I would ask her first. I bought my SIL a WN pocket and insert and 2 BG's for her first LO and she says she used them a couple of times, but when we went to visit the IL's almost a year later I found the BG's in a drawer at their house and they looked as new :(
She now has 2 kids under 2.5 and another one due in May and I dont see her ever using cloth at all anymore.

The problem with buying a cloth nappy (especially one like the WN set - as adorable as it is, and it really really is!!!) is that it ends up a very expensive gift if it is left unused. And I know that right now I am still thinking about asking SIL if I can buy the WN and the BG's back off her so she can buy something else with the money for our niece, but also so that those 3 nappies actually get used :roll:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:42 pm

They are too nice to not get used!

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 pm

I think if I was to buy someone a nappy as a gift I would buy something like a pretty pocket as opposed to a BG as even if they do not get into cloth it would be lovely for them to use in photos.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:06 pm

freckle wrote:I think if I was to buy someone a nappy as a gift I would buy something like a pretty pocket as opposed to a BG as even if they do not get into cloth it would be lovely for them to use in photos.

I think part of the problem is that some people just don't get pretty nappies...?

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat