hf1

Advice for a newbie with a super heavy wetter please.

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Advice for a newbie with a super heavy wetter please.

Postby hobbitfoot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi,

I've only been using cloth nappies for a short while and need a bit of advice from you ladies please :D

I've got a very heavy wetter on my hands, started off with bambino mios but my baby soaked right through them and we were getting leaks everyday. Moved onto itti SIOs and again, he outpee'd them!

We have to date tried BGV3, greenkids anytimes, real easy baby AIO, holdens landing fitted, muttaquin 3SR, muttaquin fitted and he's leaked in every one of them at least once :x

He never leaks at night time as we use baby behinds magicalls with bigger weed hemp booster or WNNN with all inserts and extra hemp booster! He's always absolutely saturated in the morning (he sleeps 12hrs straight through).

I've been buying all sorts of diff nappies on here, trying to go for OBV as I think they're more absorbant and I change him every 2-3 hours. I always use a wrap with leg gussets with the fitted but he still leaks either from the legs or waist, not every time but at least once a day, usually after first nappy change in the morning when I guess he's got a lot stored up in his little bladder :D I think two part system is the way to go as he leaks a lot more in AIO/pockets.

Can anybody help me with advice on nappies, I'm thinking of re-selling all the nappies I've bought on here and looking for night time nappies to use on him in the day. Does anybody know of any WAHM who make nappies for super heavy wetters? I'm sure I saw some on a website somewhere but can't remember where?

Any advice greatly appreciated. You may see a stash clearout from me VERY soon!

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Advice for a newbie with a super heavy wetter please.

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi hun , i have a heavy wetter too. At the age your ds is now i was able to use pockets on mine , but i use fitteds mainly now as i cant even get pockets to go 1 hour now! :shock:

As he is still only very young im assuming he is having lots of milk , this contributing to him being a 'heavy wetter' iygwim?
I would say to try and change him more often if poss , i woud go for more 2 - 2.5 hours , rather than let him go to 3...i know it can be a pain but you could find a big difference :)

I find the WNNL's brilliant , with all the boosters folded up toward the front this gives you about 12 layers of bamboo , and also avoid cotton outers as these are not good for heavy wetters!

I can use the hl day fitteds succesfully, but have you tried the bedbugs for day use? I know lots of people who do due to them being very slim/trim..

Im sure others will be along with alot better advice than mine , and i wish you good luck in finding suitable alternatives , happy fluff shopping :D :D

ETA: Just wondered whether wool would be something you would consider as this helps alot with heavy wetters , plus it is luverly!!! :wink:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:40 pm

I would try bububebe and a wild child night nappy and see if you can get on with either of those, the wc is very trim for a nn and ours is not used for nights at all, they come with tonnes of boosters so might be worth a shot :wink: there are some instock at jabula at the moment i think, but if not victoria is ordering some more so it might be worth asking her to get you one on the order hth :D
Last edited by 0_Lisa_0 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hobbitfoot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks guys :mrgreen:

No, not tried a bedbug but have been looking at them on the classifieds and on hyenacart, they look beautiful, I know that's not the point but it helps! Yeah, he drinks a LOT of milk bless him, he's very light on pooing, very heavy on the wee wees :giggle: . I've just bought a WNNL on here so looking forward to trying that out then. Never even considered wool really, i think because I used a fleece wrap on him overnight once and he soaked right through it and I assumed wool would do the same, is that not the case then?

I tried that Jabula link but it takes me to a blank page, will try again tomorrow, thanks for the advice about bububebe and wildchild, will definitely check them out. Think I need to sell my stuff to fund more fluff :D This nappy lark's quite exciting :giggle: x

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 pm

I would say try night nappies during the day, something like bedbugs or HONN's since they are quite trim fitting for night nappies or try adding extra boosting to the nappies if you can. Fleece or wool over fitteds might work well for you too if LO is active. That's all I can think of, haven't had any leaks since moving from Bambino Mios but they got me really :x because they were such a bad fit and leaked all the time, glad to know it's not just us though :oops:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:58 pm

i think because I used a fleece wrap on him overnight once and he soaked right through it and I assumed wool would do the same, is that not the case then?

Maybe since he is so young he doesn't move around enough for fleece or wool to work? they can get pressure wicking if LO stays in one place for the whole night?

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 am

hobbitfoot wrote:Thanks guys :mrgreen:

No, not tried a bedbug but have been looking at them on the classifieds and on hyenacart, they look beautiful, I know that's not the point but it helps! Yeah, he drinks a LOT of milk bless him, he's very light on pooing, very heavy on the wee wees :giggle: . I've just bought a WNNL on here so looking forward to trying that out then. Never even considered wool really, i think because I used a fleece wrap on him overnight once and he soaked right through it and I assumed wool would do the same, is that not the case then?

I tried that Jabula link but it takes me to a blank page, will try again tomorrow, thanks for the advice about bububebe and wildchild, will definitely check them out. Think I need to sell my stuff to fund more fluff :D This nappy lark's quite exciting :giggle: x

glad you managed to get hold of a wnnl hun , i hope they fit well as they are fab! :mrgreen:

Bedbugs are great , and beautiful too :wink: , id definately try and get hold of one - once you do theres no going back though! :giggle:

Wool and fleece and completely different hun :) Fleece is a 'stay-dry' material , so basically doesnt absorb fluids, where-as wool is magic! :wink: Take a look in the wool section if you interested hun as it will tell you all you need to know...although i hope your credit card / paypal balance are up for a good bashing!!! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 am

I agree about the wool.what are you boosting nappies with/using as inserts.it also makes a difference where/how you fold boosters.we use 2 big inserts in our greenkids and either 2x ep bamboo and 2 hemp or a pd and 2 hemp in bumgenius.
We found bububebe good but boost ours,same with dunk n fluff which are great.bedbugs lasted us 3 hoursish unboosted.we boosted our wnnl with a pk or weenotions booster too.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:29 am

I would say that for pockets try out pt'tit dessous bamboo inserts, babkind have them instock at the moment (called super bamboo inserts) and they are fab, they are REALLY long so you fold them in half lengthways and one of those with an EP hemp underneath is a fab combo for a pocket...although i dont use pockets as i just dont find them reliable enough...

We use fitteds and wool and particularly like dunk n fluff and goodmama's although Kieren isnt a particularly heavy wetter really...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat