hf1

Advice for a newbie with a super heavy wetter please.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Advice for a newbie with a super heavy wetter please.

Postby twinkletot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 am

I have to second the Bububebe they are my favourites and a staple nappy in our stash!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:59 am

You've had some great advice here. When Bella is going through her extremely heavy wetting phases the only thing which works for us is to change her more often. There is a limit on how much you can physically stuff into a nappy or, in our case, how much you can put in it and still allow her to walk/move about :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Just so you know I've fixed the link in my original post (doing it by hand on my mob in bed last night was maybe not the best idea but wanted to reply to you) you can also check out Victoria's WAHM thread for a bit more info on the next Wild Child order.
The only thing I want to add is on the bedbugs, we use them over night and only get about 3 hours and I wouldn't call them a trim nappy personally, also the core is usually MF whereas the WC NN has about 5 boosters, 2 MF and I *think* (going off the top of my head :oops: ) 4 bamboo as well as the nappy itself having boosting from what I can tell so I would say for the money try the WC first and you can always pick up a bedbug in the classifieds :wink:

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hobbitfoot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Wow, you've all been so helpful :hug: Thank you so much. I've got some research (and spending :hohoho: ) to do on lots of diff nappies and wool, good job I love reading and shopping (shopping mostly :giggle: ). Will get my hands on some wildchilds, bububebe, bedbugs and wool! Yeah, bambino mio were terrible for us, gaped a lot around his waist and were so bulky.

lazylexis wrote:I agree about the wool.what are you boosting nappies with/using as inserts.it also makes a difference where/how you fold boosters.we use 2 big inserts in our greenkids and either 2x ep bamboo and 2 hemp or a pd and 2 hemp in bumgenius.
We found bububebe good but boost ours,same with dunk n fluff which are great.bedbugs lasted us 3 hoursish unboosted.we boosted our wnnl with a pk or weenotions booster too.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

I'm rubbish with all the abbreviations, what is ep, pd and pk?

I'm going to have a look at jabula now! Thanks again everyone :mrgreen:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Enjoy shopping :mrgreen:

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm

For my very heavy wetting son I moved to pockets to try to keep him dry as well as his clothes. Of the current available nappies we found minki pocket nappies brilliant. A lot of people swear by them at nights but we found them great by day too - wearing jogging or other stretchy trousers over them.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

hobbitfoot wrote:

I'm rubbish with all the abbreviations, what is ep, pd and pk?

ep= easy peasy pd= petit dessous (sp?) pk = puddlekins

hth's hun

My avatar
hobbitfoot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby hobbitfoot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Well, I've just ordered

1 Bububebe Bold and Beautiful One Size Fitted
1 P'tits Dessous Bamboo insert size 2
1 Wild Child Night Nappy - Spiderman OBV - Size 1

from jabula. Can't wait to get my mitts and obi's bum on them.

Thanks for the info :D

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:10 pm

All of the nappies you have listed using in your orignal post are what I class as my least absorbant nappies. I also use goodmamas and bububebe's underneath wool. I do think that wool is better than fleece as it absorbs as well as repeling and allowing the nappy/bottom to air. Fleece AFAIK does not absorb anything really (hence you can use fleece for staydry layers) so will not be as good for a heavy wetter.

Puddlekins and WNAI2 are good for us too. (Sorry they are all expencive ones :oops: )

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat