hf1

I am no good at cloth nappy using :( Help!!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: I am no good at cloth nappy using :( Help!!

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 am

staceybear wrote:Okay,..maybe I worded the liner thing wrong! Umm...what I mean is, he clothes were wet, so somehow seems to have seeped through the liner somewhere,(as in through legs and the top of it) it was up her back, but liner was tightest it would go?

Still not sure on what you mean by the liner :oops:
What type of nappies are you using?

Duh, ignore that. you said in your first post lol

ETA: By 'liner' do you mean, the cloth nappy bit? I'm guessing Lollipop Bamboo are the 2 parters. IE you have the fluffy bit (the nappy) and the waterproof bit (The wrap)?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 am

When you say liner do you mean the actual nappy that you have inside the wrap??
What type of nappies are you using? I have never used pul wraps so can't help there, we use wool or fleece over fitteds.
You may also find that you need some dedicated night nappies as well x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 am

Kirstyh wrote:When you say liner do you mean the actual nappy that you have inside the wrap??
What type of nappies are you using? I have never used pul wraps so can't help there, we use wool or fleece over fitteds.
You may also find that you need some dedicated night nappies as well x

Ooo, Kirsty reminded me, We don't use PUL wraps at night as I find Dawn leaks everywhere if we do. Fleece is cheap and cheerful, and just needs thrown in the washing machine. I used it as a stepping stone to wool :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 am

Yep I found our ME wraps bombproof, the Onelife ones were too, so i'd stick with them. We used the small OL and ME wraps until Kacie was 4 months and around 16lbs. Then I started on the fleece and wool.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:49 am

Meant to say as well, please don't give up, we have all been there at some point, it is easy once you get the hang of it I promise and please just ask any questions you might have, lord knows I have asked some classics!!! :giggle:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 pm

At 6 weeks we were changing 2 or 3 times a night. We used little lamb and lollipop bamboo mostly. Have you tried using 2 or 3 of the boosters that the lollipops come with in the nappy, that should make them last longer.
You can also put a hemp booster in between the nappy and the wrap. I liked Motherease Rikkis when ds was tiny but now prefer the airflows.
Not sure if this is obvious but make sure none of the nappy is sticking out of the wrap, it's easy to miss if you change in a hurry, I did one night and never again!!
we don't use wraps overnight now. we use wool.

My avatar
staceybear
Clothie
Clothie

Postby staceybear » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh pants! I meant the wrap not the liner!! hehe no wonder nobody knew what I was talking about! I had been making fleece iners so maybe I had liners on the brain!
Anyway, whatever I did wrong seems to have corrected itself as it hasn't happened again, phew!!!
Thanks for all of your advice :) xx

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 pm

:hug: :hug: It really does get easier as you go along, it becomes second nature :) Don't worry about needing advice, I was ringing a friend everyday at one point with lots if questions, which when I look back on I wonder how I didn't know the answer :oops: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat