My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

OMG

Postby baby_bufters » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:36 pm

Just got this link from mumsnet

**http://www.headheritage.co.uk/uknow/features/index.php?id=47
Last edited by baby_bufters on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:46 pm

Seen it before, but am amazed by people who use disposables and think it is over-the-top hype.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:53 pm

N0t seen that bef0re.

I am always amazed that people 0nly seem t0 c0mpare the actual manufacture 0f disp0s t0 cl0th (even that is bad en0ugh) but my p0int is always the landfill issues and the c0st 0f disp0sal t00.

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:53 pm

I got my 1st omg you use cloth on friday, i didnt defend myself but it was a shock to the system someone pulling a face at me about it :(

Great linky!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 pm

I've had a couple of OMG's the worst was last Thursday when someone said to me over my shoulder as I was changing Harriet at playgroup "Oh you're one of those are you!"

I simply asked her whether she wore paper knickers and if not why not! :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:42 am

scrunchkins wrote:I've had a couple of OMG's the worst was last Thursday when someone said to me over my shoulder as I was changing Harriet at playgroup "Oh you're one of those are you!"

Would of loved to see her face to that!

I've not come across much criticism I do think people think I'm stupid and its time consuming,

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:59 am

I've never so far had any bad reactions, but when we took Rhys to hospital to have his final casts removed I had him in a dispo (always put him in one when he went in for a cast change as I didn't want my nappies getting covered in plaster and ruined), anyway, when the casts finally came off I got a proper nappy out of my bag to put on him and the nurses said to me "Oh, don't you have any nappies with you? You don't need to use a towel we can get you one from the ward you know." :roll:
I just said "no, thanks, you're ok. This is a real nappy, we use cloth"
They were quite surprised, they are young nurses in the plaster room of our hospital so must have never seen a cloth nappy before, they were quite impressed once I explained about them and how easy they are though (although not enough to be converted I don't think)

On a better note though we had friends over for dinner tonight and they're totally converted already (and have no intention of even TTC for a long time yet, they definitely want to use cloth when they do.) Nice to know that we've managed a conversion....well a future one anyway :D

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:00 am

scrunchkins wrote:I've had a couple of OMG's the worst was last Thursday when someone said to me over my shoulder as I was changing Harriet at playgroup "Oh you're one of those are you!"

I don't think I'd have been that polite with her tbh :oops:

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:43 am

It is amazing how people don't really understand the true cost and damage that disposables do. I love my cloth and in the begining Oh was more pro it than me.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat