hf1

OMG

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:58 am

When I originally mentioned that I'd like to use cloth to DP I expected a kind of "meh :? " response and some discussion of how it was hard work and dirty, amazingly I got an immediate "Yep, fantastic idea" type of answer, I was thrilled! :lol:

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:39 pm

First time I've seen that and I love it!!

Just been reading some facts to James from it! We're fast becoming eco-warriors so he loved it! can't beat a good fact either lol!

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:13 pm

[quote="beckI've not come across much criticism I do think people think I'm stupid and its time consuming,[/quote]

I always ask 'I can't understand what you think is hard about filling the washing machine and turning it on?' Or 'So what on earth did you find difficult about washing nappies then?' - at which they say 'oh no I've never done it' so obviously one can then disple the myths of it being hard work :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:16 pm

i also ask people whether they would like to wear paper knickers...i have yet to meet anyone who did!

and tell them that i switched to cloth cos i was fed up of all the leaks and extra laundry....

they just look confused.

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:22 pm

I mostly get responses of 'YEUCH!' 'you're not still doing that are you?' I'm not really sure what is 'yeuch' about cloth? It's more yeuch having a bin full of sposies that stink because the bin men only come once a fortnight. It's even more yeuch when my neighbours put out their bin overloaded with waste because they have 2 in sposies! Really, I don't think people have got an excuse!

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:19 pm

I've not really had any negative comments, my Grandmother loves them and I have to get them out to show her friends when they come round :roll: . My mother's not too keen on them though.

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:37 pm

My baby isn't due for a few months yet, but i decided straight away i was going to use cloth, but soo many people think i'm mad!

My husband, parents and sister are all in favour of it, but the In-Laws are shocked and think its strange! I showed MIL a bumgenius nappy - and she said it was good - but didn't think i'd be able to keep up with it! :?: I hate the idea of dispo's so know i'll keep up with it, and people at work definitely think i'm mad! and they aren't interested in listening when you try to explain to them that its not just a terry square any more!

Cheryl

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:01 pm

Kybosh wrote:my Grandmother loves them

DP's Grandma was thrilled to bits too, she thought it was great. She's about 90, a farmer all her life and is disgusted by the waste in modern life that people think nothing of.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat