hf1

If you were to start all over with nothing...

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: If you were to start all over with nothing...

Postby busybee » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm afraid I have nothing useful to add to this thread, as I didn't start using cloth till DD was 15 months old :oops: :oops:
but just wanted to say I love love love this pic

toothlesswonder wrote:In fact, Tate's first ever nappy and wool was put on by the midwife in the hospital - and here it is..

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:27 pm

toothlesswonder wrote:I used cloth in hospital and it was fine - there was actually something useful in the Bounty bag for a change - a waterproof Persil bag which i used to store the dirty nappies until i got home. I too have also used wool constantly since Tate was born - i find it easier the PUL wraps - no red marks where they dig in.

In fact, Tate's first ever nappy and wool was put on by the midwife in the hospital - and here it is..

That is such a lovely pic and I am really impressed you managed to get your toes done :shock: :shock: :shock: (trust me to notice- but I'm just jealous as once I couldn't see 'em I couldn't be bothered :oops: )

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby toothlesswonder » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 pm

It was DP that did them - i have him well trained!!! :hohoho:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 pm

cookiegirl wrote:
toothlesswonder wrote:I used cloth in hospital and it was fine - there was actually something useful in the Bounty bag for a change - a waterproof Persil bag which i used to store the dirty nappies until i got home. I too have also used wool constantly since Tate was born - i find it easier the PUL wraps - no red marks where they dig in.

In fact, Tate's first ever nappy and wool was put on by the midwife in the hospital - and here it is..

That is such a lovely pic and I am really impressed you managed to get your toes done :shock: :shock: :shock: (trust me to notice- but I'm just jealous as once I couldn't see 'em I couldn't be bothered :oops: )

:giggle: I noticed the toes too.

toothlesswonder wrote:It was DP that did them - i have him well trained!!! :hohoho:

You certainly have. :giggle:

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:54 pm

I didnt get on with 2 parters. Quickly moved to all pockets. Loved Bear Behinds (can still get second hand) Pitter patter (doubt any out there now) MInkis. I found Minkis very flexible and fitted earlier and longer then you would think. I found fuzzis ok but wouldnt contain a big NB poo so not totally reliable. The minkis and bear behinds were most reliable and never had a leak - the slightly more bulkiness doesnt matter in sleepsuits. I would buy second hand as they are better value then. I would now also have some Wee Notions pockets too.

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:26 pm

For the next one I will be using cloth from day one.
I'll use muslins folded in terry folds on my newborn with bummis or nature babies wraps as they're lush. I'll buy ittis again as they are so trim you could use them from the beginning.
Instead of going crazy on pockets and AIOs, next time I will base my collection on 2 part nappies like I've just come round to now. I will have a few nice pockets and AIOs but they'll just be for out and about when in need of a quick change.
I'll also do reusable wipes from day one next time.
I'll also buy nearly all pre-loved like I have this time.
I will also have to get next LO a completely personalised wee notions as I did with Madeleine and will keep it in their memory box.

Hope this helps :D :wink:

Also next time I will set myself a budget and add the funds to my paypal... once that money is spent I'll have to sell to top up funds. This time round I've had no budget and haven't monitored my spending at all and I dread to think what the total is! :oops:

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:31 am

Just to let all mummies to be know that an ebay store has nippa size 1 cotton Tots in pink or blue for £1.99 each with free postage! If you know what you're expecting, or don't care about colour, it's a good way to boost a stash of fitteds, I have quite a few now!

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Bestbuys4 ... ec0Q2em322

My avatar
sciencegeek
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sciencegeek » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Thank you, Everyone!!!

I feel like I have a lot more data and info to go from now!
I've already bought bits and pieces all pre-loved. (including some of charlala's bummis)

Seems like ittis are well popular and I'll have to look into the wee notions custom!
I'm realy quite excited as I have always hated disposable, but have only every had one friend who cloth bummed.
I think baby likes the idea, since whenever I'm looking at them online, she kicks away!!!

Toothless, I also noticed your toes, but I LOOOVE that picture!! I'm liking the idea of wool wraps, since I'm a :knit: junkie as well!
Again, thanks everyone!
Amy

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat