hf1

Pockets as swim nappies?

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Pockets as swim nappies?

Postby jules070603 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Hopefully we are taking Imogen swimming for the first time tomorrow.

I think I have some hu**ies little swimmers somewhere BUT will a coolababy without the insert work OK as a swim nappy do you think?

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Pockets as swim nappies?

Postby nabroc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

I don't see why not, we've used fuzzi's to go swimming before I found an imse vimse swim nappy that i loved.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 pm

I have heard people using them before and they should work. I would just be wary of the chlorine having an effect on them if used regularly so have always bought proper swim nappies, we also like the Imse Vimse swim nappy

Having said that though, Coolababies are so cheap you probably don't need to worry too much

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 pm

I was always worried about the chlorine too!

If you are looking for a swim nappy I have a cute one I am looking to sell! It's an aquanappy one

jan x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:40 pm

We use a fuzzie, just a plain cream one and they have stood up very well, we used them every day on holiday last year and every time we go swimming at home.
Hope she enjoys her swim, Gracie was 3 weeks first time she went and loved it. x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:50 pm

yes we used a fuzzi when megan was little too :)

We havnt taken Kieren yet, Megan went at 6 weeks as soon as she had her first set of jabs :)

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll use the coolababy one tomorrow and then have a think. It was the chlorine I was bothered about really.

Jan - Might get in touch about that nappy.

We would have gone last week but Zach was poorly, we made a new years resolution to start making more of an effort at weekends instead of getting lost in the housework/odd jobs or just not bothering to go out :roll: :oops:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 pm

I have used a fuzzi on Molly when we've gone swimming - mind you we've only taken her twice :oops: so I wasnt really concerned about the exposure to chlorine, plus it was the only use the fuzzi got! If you have any spare pocket you dont mind using regularly as a swim nappy then thats fine, but if you plan to go to the pool a lot then it might be worth getting a swim nappy, even a preloved one will do the job well. Some pound shops and toy shops sell swim nappies quite cheaply too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat