hf1

Any advice for a soon to be nappy advisor

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Any advice for a soon to be nappy advisor

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 pm

I am currently in the process of becoming a nappy advisor for babykind and would really appreciate any advice/tips from anyone that is currently a nappy advisor -I have searched through old posts but can't find a very up to date thread!

Also any opinions on must have nappies for my demo kit (that are sold by babykind)?

I currently have - MEOS in cotton & bamboo, size 2 bamboozles, size 2 flexitots, ME Sandies, a swaddlebees pocketed organic cotton, rikki and airflow wraps, a blueberry minky wrap, various blueberries and itti bitti d'lish and mommy's touch AIO's. As all of these are one size or toddler sized, I think I need a couple of newborn bits for the cuteness factor so suggestions very welcome?

I am also interested in how existing advisors generate their business.

All help most welcome :D

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Any advice for a soon to be nappy advisor

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:15 pm

I am an advisor for babykind too, but Im not currently putting much effort into it. My local area was very unsupportive of it, and I struggled to even be able to put up posters or hand out business cards in hospitals or health centres without someone insisting that I was "profiting" from it and therefore couldn't do so :-? Most of the local toddler groups said No as well. FC that your area is more supportive and you get plenty of business! :D

I once spent an hour handing out business cards to anyone with a bump or a pram :giggle: If I did it more often I might get more business, but Id really need to put my heart back into it to do it properly. I have had only a couple of small sales, and mostly just hassle from the customers. Any money I made wasnt enough to cover my time or transport, and most of my "demo" nappies have now been quite well used on Molly :oops: (I still have a decent enough kit to show someone, should I ever again be asked, but it seems unlikely!)

For the cuteness factor, try a NB Swaddlebees OCV :wink: or a pocket/AIO style can be appealing to potential customers (like the itti bittis, but a small starbunz stuffer or small BB could be just as tempting!) I usually tried to point out to customers though, that as cute as those nappies were, they often had practical disadvantages over the more boring nappies like MEOS, bambeasies etc.

I made an advisor "file" with all my info in it, something like a catalouge, order forms and price lists etc. I had a couple of pages with photos of DD wearing her cutest fluff too. I also made up some "gift sets" for photos (nappies, wraps etc in a basket with things like wipes or Babykind toiletries) or my own choice of BTP sets etc that I thought would be good for a cloth newbie, and leaflets on how to use and care for the nappies. I also gave a list of resources and websites (including CNT) for further help and Fluffy Joy!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat