gdiapers: where to get them in UK?

My avatar
sciencegeek
Clothie
Clothie

gdiapers: where to get them in UK?

Postby sciencegeek » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:45 am

Hey all! Me again.

I saw a great many best buys as G diapers. I checked them out and really like them. Could have my mom ship them, but I'm wondering where you could get these in the UK.

Ebay??

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: gdiapers: where to get them in UK?

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 am

As far as I'm aware there aren't any UK retailers. I think your only option would be buying from the states or possibly preloved although I don't know many people in the UK that have used/use them.

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 am

Are those the ones with the 'hammock' for a disposable insert? Not seen them in the UK but I think the MOthercare Smartnappy and the Bumgenius Flip system work in similar ways.

Babipur have the Flip on BOGOF:

http://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/Washable_ ... index.html

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:15 pm

freyasmummy wrote:Are those the ones with the 'hammock' for a disposable insert? Not seen them in the UK but I think the MOthercare Smartnappy and the Bumgenius Flip system work in similar ways.

Mothercare smart nappy is like that. It's not a bad nappy system tbh, it's just not pretty, or big enough for Dawn :giggle:

My avatar
helgaz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby helgaz » Mon May 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi there,

I use Gdiapers for my twins (its a brilliant product and we've had no bum rash since we changed from evil Pampers!).
I bought mine online from http://www.husha-byebaby.com/gdiapers.aspx.

We've just moved up to the medium size so I'm selling my small size gdiaper pants (8 pairs in jazzy colours) which Ive just got to get around to listing!

Hope that helps!

H
posting.php?mode=reply&f=23&t=38245&sid=da989282ee4605fa1f335a7b5f68e6f3#

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm

GDiapers were at the London Baby Show last October
Didn't think I'd like them over the flips - but was quite impressed with how they looked
We tried the mothercare smart nappy system and did not get on with them at all.
Leaks constantly - but had to change the outer with every change because the leg elastic always got wet.
GDiapers - was more similar to the mothercare system than the flips (ie. a cradle for the insert to sit in)

Hush-a-bye baby I think (??) are the UK distributors of gdiapers ???

My avatar
hermya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby hermya » Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 pm

So how do they work? Does the insert stay snapped into the nappy, the thing with flips is that the insert moves about and be a tad fiddly. Do the inserts move about in these at all or do they act like an AIO?

(I'm looking for simple childminder nappies)

My avatar
didifrench
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby didifrench » Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 pm

I saw something recently about it on Go Real I think. In the UK, the nappy is called Gnappies in the UK.
Found the link.
http://www.husha-byebaby.com/gnappies/1 ... ducts.aspx

I will need to have a look at those, as my daughter is taking her nappy off, even poppers ones, so as this one fasten at the back, it might do the trick.

Let us know how you get on with them.

My avatar
helgaz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby helgaz » Tue May 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Its pretty easy...they work by snapping in a breathable liner into the microfibre pants.When you do a change just whip out the liner and pad and snap in a new one. I haven't found that the liners move around although you do have to fit them carefully so they go in the leg creases and the pant elastic is above the liner at the back...but the Gdiapers website has a handy video and to be honest it's pretty easy once you'e done a few - and I'm getting plenty of practice with my twins !!!

Inside the snap-in you can either use one of their hemp/microfibre-layered washable pads or a compostable disposable pad.......I use the cloth liners when I'm at home and the disposable liners when I'm out and about...so if its an easy childminder solution you're after then I'd try prob use the disposable liners. Also, I have found the disposables to be more absorbent than the washables but as they recommend, you just need to give them a hot wash with a splash of washing-up liquid once in a while to strip down the washing powder/liquid residue and then they're back to new.

Hope that helps!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat