How can I tell what they are??

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

How can I tell what they are??

Postby babygrowbelly » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Please don't laugh at me....

I have lots of different inserts that came with preloved nappies and apart from the ones that are labelled (only a couple of gk) how do I know what they are made from?? People keep talking about which one is better on the bottom, next to babies skin, in the middle etc but how do I do that if I have no idea what they are in the first place??

I know I probably have it all wrong and the nappies might last a little longer if I was taught 'insert speak' :giggle:

Please help if you can.... however my description of the inserts may sound rather daft :oops:

Edited with descriptions -

swaddlebee insert - no idea how to describe except it is doubled and feels the same on both bits. softish
an unknown one that feels quite rough
one that has 3 sections - one section lovely and soft and other two parts feel like a towel that needs some softener and tumble dry.
the others are large blueberrys soft on one section and the other section is quite stiff.

i am sorry for the simple talking :oops:
Last edited by babygrowbelly on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: How can I tell what they are??

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:23 pm

You'll have to trust us not to :giggle: :giggle: too much at your descriptions and tell us all about them!!! Or take pics and we can have a look! :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Theres a description of the different fabrics in the sticky that may help, other than that tell us what they are like and we will do our best!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:30 pm

I've been wondering this same thing :giggle:

Is Bamboo terry a bit like cotton terry, but with a bit of a sheen to it? :oops:

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Stacey I am glad it's not just me :oops:

I have them all drying at the moment so when dry I am going to pile them up and describe them as I really need to get my head round it!!! I have just been shoving them in any old way and hoping for the best :hohoho: :oops:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:15 pm

take pics hun and we should be able to help you between us :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:26 pm

123princesssammie wrote:take pics hun and we should be able to help you between us :wink:

WSS hun

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:I've been wondering this same thing :giggle:

Is Bamboo terry a bit like cotton terry, but with a bit of a sheen to it? :oops:

That sounds right to me, it also often is more of a creamy colour whereas cotton is usually bright white (unless of course it's unbleached :lol:).

Hemp is usually smooth (i.e. doesn't have loops like on a bath towel) and a creamy/tan colour.

Microfibre is bright white when it's new but goes a bit gray eventually; it's lighter and fluffier and bulkier than the others and catches on your fingers if you run your hand over it (especially if your skin's a bit dry!).

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:29 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:I've been wondering this same thing :giggle:

Kinda it's soo much softer you should be able o feel a difference, it's slimmer too

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat