hf1

Creche nappies - suggestions

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Creche nappies - suggestions

Postby Mareth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm looking for some good/easy nappies for creche for Rhys. I was just going to get BG OS pockets, but tbh they're getting a bit small on him and because of that they tend to come undone occasionally and I don't want the hassle of the creche telling me they're not staying on him, and ending up having to go to dispos.

Can anyone suggest a good alternative to BG OS? I was thinking of the sized AIOs, but are they any good? I'd prefer pockets or AIO, and applix/velcro closing.

Thanks in advance.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Creche nappies - suggestions

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 pm

I use Real Easy Nappies by Hip Hip Baby for dawns nursery :)
Well, I use one :roll: still waiting on the other two! :evil:
They're not OS though :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 pm

when Megan grew out of her BG OS we got some Happy Heiny OS and they are much bigger than the BG OS's! I loves them...from what I have heard tho th solid colours are better than the patterns, some people find the patterns wicked more? We only had solid colours so i cant really coment but i liked though! They are aplix too so supoer easy for creche to use :wink:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

I used Greenkids pockets when K started going to the Childminder, they're velcro, they're trim and really easy to use.
And I'm not saying this because I happen to have 2 of them to sell :giggle: :giggle: :gigglehonest

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:26 pm

What about the Coolababy nappies? Ive never used them but Ive read they are cheap and a good alternative to BGs - Im sure there are a few people on here who use them, perhaps check out the reviews to see if they say anything about the rise?

Ive used OS Happy Heinys and they were a bit bigger than the BGs, or if the creche could use poppered nappies, then Fuzzi Bunz are really easy and reliable, and size wise, the mediums lasted Evie until she pt'd, then I got some Petit Toddler which were higher in the rise.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Fuzzis if they'll use poppers (altho my CM didn't used to put them on tight enough) of Happy Heinys in the large - you don't need once size really anymore as they all tend to be small at the upper ends of the size range

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks all. OS isn't important, it's just that the BG we have at the minute are OS. But I'm quite happy to go with large.

Are the solid colour HHs cotton outer or poly? We had some med print HHs when Rhys was little but once he got bigger and started weeing more they wicked.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Thanks all. OS isn't important, it's just that the BG we have at the minute are OS. But I'm quite happy to go with large.

Are the solid colour HHs cotton outer or poly? We had some med print HHs when Rhys was little but once he got bigger and started weeing more they wicked.

Solids and the cow print are POLY and I never had a problem with them wicking.

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Definitely a vote for coolababy here! Our creche have no problems with them and because they're nice and cheap I am not so worried about them getting lost which has happened once or twice. I think they threw them out with the dispies. :(
I lost a nice ME Rikki wrap that way along with the bambinex nappy it was with.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat