hf1

Happy Heiny One Size vs BumGenius v2 - as night nappies!!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Happy Heiny One Size vs BumGenius v2 - as night nappies!!

Postby tanya » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Hi peeps,

We have both these nappies in our collection. In fact, the BGs are our main day nappy. I've recently bought 3 more HH OS to bring my total to 4.

I really like them. The fleece is so soft and the pocket is so much easier to stuff.

LO has grown out of her night nappies, and whilst I can still just about shoehorn her into her size 1's, they do leave her with a distinct case of builder's bum!

Question is: given the choice between those two pockets, which would you use overnight as an emergency measure? (new night nappies on order).

And as a day nappy, which do you prefer?

Given the choice between the two nappies at full cost, I don't know which I would choose. The BGs are soooo reliable, but the HHs seem to be a nicer nappy, just not quite so reliable. I bought loads of BG v2 on BOGOF.

Thanks

Tanya

Hoping you'll say HH - as she has gone to bed wearing a turquoise HH with a terry booster, bamboo booster, BG insert and hemp booster, all wrapped in a microfibre cloth - although DH informs me she's probably just done a big poo in it, so could be a moot point!!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:11 pm

The BG without a a doubt. On the rare occasion that Evie had napped or for some reason or other wasn't changed sooner the BG has lasted the best. It is by far one of our most reliable nappies. Hope it lasts anyway for you and what night nappies have you gone for?

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jscobie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:24 pm

i would have said either!! probably the HH over the BG as the inner is softer. i find them both as relaible as each other.

jackie x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:25 pm

We've been using well boosted bamboozles up until now, so have gone for 3 more of those in size 2. We also have a front fastening night notions, but need to sort out the stuffing for that, as it doesn't quite last long enough (LO is a heavy wetter).

I've also got a pre-loved Huggle and a new Bamboo Baby Beehind coming too.

I couldn't get all the stuffing into a BG - I tried that before I settled with the HH. It just about fits in there.

Methinks DH is gonna be changing her at 6am :oops:

ETA: She hadn't pooed, was just being whingy.

My avatar
jscobie
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jscobie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:15 pm

is your night notions all bamboo? we have the same problem with Josh but have found that if we fold a hemp or bamboo booster and place it at the front then that works. last night we used one of the super bamboo cleaning cloths from tesco and that was FAB!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Hmm, the NightNotions is bamboo right the way through. I don't think there were any other options available when I ordered it. I've tried adding hemp to it, but it still didn't last.

DD is now back in a size one Bamboozle, boosted with a fleece topped terry booster inside the nappy and a bamboo and hemp booster between the nappy and the wrap. The HH didn't last after she had a MASSIVE explosive poo in it, which leaked all over her and her gro bag :shock:

I think she's got belly ache. Don't know why. She just will not settle to bed tonight, and she's been up for 2.5 hours now, which is usually her max.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:25 pm

We could get away with a BG with the microfibre insert and an easy peasy hemp insert for nights until Kayleigh was about 12 months. She was never a heavy wetter at that stage, and sleeping around 10 hours at night. I don't think there would be much difference in the BG and the HH one size for nights.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat