hf1

First day in cloth

My avatar
hannabelle
Clothie
Clothie

First day in cloth

Postby hannabelle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Just wanted to share - Madeleine is 2 weeks old today and is spending her first day in cloth nappies :) She was 7lbs 6 when bor but very long and skinny so only her tots bots size 1s currently fit, and they are massive on her, but so far two very wet and dirty nappies and no leaks!
I think my health visitor thinks I'm nuts but dh and I were horrified at both theamount of waste and cost of disposables...

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: First day in cloth

Postby simlou » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:56 pm

oooh, hope it all goes well for you hun. FC's for no leaks!!

My avatar
toryuk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby toryuk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:31 pm

yay!! hope today is a success!! :wine: :wine:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Welcome to the cloth using family :) You will be very addicted very soon!b

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm

:wine: My DD was the same size and we started at about 2 weeks too (also with Tots and Little Lambs :giggle:), it seemed to make more sense than buying loads of newborn nappies or terries... Little Lamb bamboo nappies worked great for us overnight (at first changing partway through the night, but after a few weeks the constant pooing settled down and they lasted all night), and they're soooo lovely and soft. :mrgreen: Welcome to cloth!

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of cloth :wine:
We started with Catrin at a few days old but she was 9lb11oz so fitted most her nappies straightaway, if anything the size 0 bimbles we'd got were a bit short in the rise, bamboo little lambs have always worked well for us though.
I've only had positive comments from our midwife/health visitors, I'm sure my family think I've turned in to a tree hugging hippy though :giggle:

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm

:idea: i wish i had started earlier with Caleb. Be prepared for a new addiction xx :hohoho:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Hope today went well. Teddy was about 4 weeks and the twins just over 1 when we started. I wish we'd started earlier. I used tot bots, little lambs and motherease with Ted when he was small.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:43 am

:wine: good luck

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat