hf1

Do i give up for good??

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Do i give up for good??

Postby fleur08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:37 pm

ok, so ive been away from here for a while...........
em's been in sposies since dec for 2 reasons, 1 i got sick to death with having nappys draped everywhere along with all the other washing & 2, she kept getting a realy sore bum n bits.

i thought i'd give it another go on sun, stuck her in an itti bitti for a couple of hours & when i took it off she was bright pink/red again on her bits - like sunburn sort of colour.

all her nappys were stripped before i put them away & she was getting this sort of problem in all her nappys,although pockets were worse.
at moment shes back in sposies as she has no probs with them, i just dont know weather to keep trying or jsut bite the bullet and get ride of the lot.
any help ,ideas or encouragement :(

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Do i give up for good??

Postby bryc1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Did you use a liner with the itti? As we have to use a fleece liner with ours or we get the same rsh you describe.

I am sure some of the others will have some other ideas to try. :hug:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Hmm, we nearly gave up a few months ago due to recurrent rashes etc and found the only thing that works for us is fitteds and wool all the time.

I can very occasionally get away with an itti if I literally change Archie ever hour and a half and I really prob only put him in them about once a fortnight now.

All other pockets were a complete no no and even if he had them on for an hour he would get red raw. I know some people find it the other way round - they can only use pockets, but I guess it differes from bum to bum.

I also found that switching to Bio rather than non bio helped enormously with the rashes. Archie was on about 3 lotrs of antibiotics in about 2 months due to not being able to shift the rashes, but after changing the above 2 things, we havent had any since, touch wood.

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

no i didnt use a liner, ive got an old fleece blanket to cut up ,will give that a try.
although she gets the same kind of rash in fleece lined pockets ,i did wonder if it was a fleece prob 1st off,but then in doesnt matter what she wears :-?
i keep thinking it may be a washing issue, as i used to use ecover liquid till i heard its not good for nappys -never had a prob with rashes using it,changed to bold 2 in 1 ,then stopped using that as nappys were stinking & rashes started.
but since then it doesnt matter which powder i use the problem is still there.
so is it nappys,powder or emilies skin!

whats the best skin friendly detergent out there?
have used bold 2 in 1,
persil,
tescos own sensitive one

oh, and a realy odd think - night nappys are ok, bum is nice & healthy looking in the morning after 12 house on!
:x :x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:14 pm

I was going to suggest a fleece/suedecloth intolerance but not sure if your NNs are fleece-lined or you use a liner in those... funnily enough Ittis are one of the very few nappies we've ever had that problem with, and there were just one or two that bothered DD every time, the rest were fine :-?. I have also heard a lot of people over here say that they can only wash nappies in a certain detergent, or their LOs get rashes (the French are a nation of hypochondriacs, but there may be something in it :giggle:).

It would be great if you could figure out what's causing the problem, but if you can't, don't beat yourself up about it - if it isn't the right choice for your LO, at least you gave it a go. :wink:

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm

thanks rhead,
the night nappys are eiter bamboo or fleece lined cotton & no liners.
its really odd as i everything was fine from 2months old -11 months & then it all went pear shaped,with hiddeous weeping sores on her bits,thought it was thrush but within a day of being in a sposie it started to clear, put her back in cloth and within hours shes sore again!
its got to be a powder prob i reakon - is there a really,really effective way of completely stripping out any traces of detergent & starting again?
i saw on the washing section someone using vinegar & oxi clean, anyone used this & if so what were the results?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat