hf1

HELP!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

HELP!

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:16 pm

Right I think I am going to order a couple of nappies to look at now but not sure where to start!

I definitely want a Fuzzi Bunz and a Mommy's Touch. My question is liners? do I need to buy a few? what size and what material?

Erin isn't a massive wetter but her poo is still pretty soft any ideas?

Also am I right in thinking that I don't need a wrap with these? I hope not! less faff the better and also won't be buying fancy ones if they need covering haha!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Also what is "wicking" and where do i get a bucket?

I would like to get a 3rd different brand to try out too but the bumgenius is blummin expensive (£15 at babykind) anywhere cheaper?

Oh and finally Happy Heiny are the waterproof? do i need a wrap cos they have wicekd patterns! lol

thanks in advance..l. please hurry i want to buy buy buy! :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Hannah, sorry it looks like no one has been around to get back to you :( ! Have you ordered yet?

All the nappies you are asking about are pocket nappies so you dont' need a liner as they are fleece lined. You may want to buy some paper ones to get going if you are worried about it but they arn't needed with fleece lined nappies and may inhibit the speed of the wee soaking into the inserts in the nappy. They are all also pocket nappys so dont' need a wrap, this includes the hh's - have a look at the pics, there are some lovely ones of Georgia and Charlotte in hhs'.

BG's are dear but imho I think they are worth it (well actually I ordered mine from the US as didnt' want to fork out £15!! :lol: ). I think they are £15 everywhere.

Best buckets are big ones with a lid. I got mine from a a cheapy shop (have a look in phots there is a photo in the georigia section of Karens bucket which is the same as mine). Steph has a big metal pedal bin I think she said. Main thing is that the ones sold as 'nappy buckets' are too small!!

Wicking is where the wee escapes through osmosis onto the outer fabric of the nappy or wrap and so eventually onto clothes.

Hope this answers your questions. Let us kn ow what you get!!!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:55 pm

Wicked! I LOVE some of the HH pattern ones especially a poker dot one!

So I don't need any extra boosters at all? cool!

Right I now have to try and pick which ones I want gonna be tricky i think.

Thanks hun x

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:05 pm

Tory has answered your questions, just wanted to add my opinion on the nappies:

Bumgenius are great, easy to put on and fit really well, good at containing soft poos!

Heiny's are good looooove the prints, occasionally get some leaks, easy to put on and good fit.

Mommies touch, never had any leaks fit well but lots of poppers take a while to put on especially in the small and medium setting (Georgia still wears it on medium at 21lb)

Have you thought of trying a fuzzi? Georgia has mediums and the fit well and are very reliable.

Don't get a nappy bucket they are just too small Georgias came from au natural or international (can't remember which now) there is a photo in the album!!

Hope this helps

Karen x

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm

Thanks Hun! I have just tried to buy some HH off cumfy bumfy and it didn't work! Something to do with my cookies! I changed my settings but it wouldn't let me still am very peed off really wanted to get some! gggrrr!

I am definitely getting a Fuzzi bunz, happy heiny & mommy's touch... don't really wanna spend the money on the bumgenius just yet. I think once i have seen them and tried them i can decide which ones i want more of.

I could get loads of the HH purely because of the patterns! lol but thought i best see if i like them first!

do i need to get a batch lot of vinegar or something? :D

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Sorry to crash the post :D .... You can use vinegar to wash nappies (add a splash to your conditoner drawer) but I never have. It is meant to give them a good clean but they say that if you use it regularly that it may cause problems with the elastic in your nappies. To wash I usually just use a small amount of powder, a couple of drops of lavender oil and I wash at 40.

Just wanted to add about the nappy buckets. I wanted an easier option so I have a nappy tote. It's from fuzzi bunz and it hangs on the doorknob of my laundry and I find it great because you can just throw it into your nappy wash once a week so it stays clean.

Hope you can order your nappies soon, have fun :D !

Sam...

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:25 pm

having a mare getting the HH i want! only do it in large so i found another 2 that i liked again only in large gggrrrr!

I have ordered 2 Fuzzis and 1 mommys touch so far :D

Thanks for the lavender oil tip :)

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:08 am

Yay for new nappies :D , I just love choosing what nappies I'm going to buy next. Let us know how you go when you get them!

Sam...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat