My avatar
subrosie
Clothie
Clothie

Advice needed please!

Postby subrosie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm

:idea:

Hello!

I am relatively new to cloth and have just bought Wee Notions Night Notions in medium but wondered what wraps are good for this?

We are trying out a Disana wool wrap tonight with it for the first time but wondered if anyone else had any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

x
Last edited by Louise on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Abbreviations ;-)

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Advice needed please!

Postby shoogah01 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 pm

I use fleece soakers, flongies, longies or large blueberry wraps, we use large WNNN's and they are huge!! So we find that wool works best :) hope your disana does the job :) they are a very good choice :wine:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 pm

I found that the cheap and cheerful Motherease wraps worked fine. I must admit I would rather recommend weenotions wraps as they are prettier and have the blue PUL inner meaning they don't stain. I hardly ever use wrap though. (I have never used disana wool but have never heard anything bad about them. I usually use wool longies as a waterproof cover. They are much warmer than PJ's too. :wink:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I used to have a couple of Disana wool wraps for my DS and they worked really well for him. He was a mega wetter too and they'd never leak :)

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 am

I generally use Kaydi's longies with feet for nights. In between when lanoilising the wool I use her fleece longies.

My avatar
subrosie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby subrosie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks everyone!

I do have Motherease Rikki, Blueberry Wrap, Thirsties and a Baby Beehind wool wrap but they are all in medium which I have found is too small for a medium WNNN... and whilst all looking good with the Disana so far, that is pretty huge too - I have the 12-24 month size for my 6th month old LO so we have a bit of wear!!

If I buy a WN wrap, what size would be best for the WNNN in medium??

Also what with summer only months away (fingers crossed!) are wool wraps OK to use or do they get too hot?

Thanks again in advance for the tips :hug:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:02 pm

i used a medium wrap ove rmedium night notion ok and that was motherease and weenotions but we now use wool soakers or longies and far prefer them wool keeps them luvly and cool in the summer i am hoping to carry on using our longies and just roll the legs up a coupel of inches

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:20 pm

subrosie wrote:Thanks everyone!

I do have Motherease Rikki, Blueberry Wrap, Thirsties and a Baby Beehind wool wrap but they are all in medium which I have found is too small for a medium WNNN... and whilst all looking good with the Disana so far, that is pretty huge too - I have the 12-24 month size for my 6th month old LO so we have a bit of wear!!

If I buy a WN wrap, what size would be best for the WNNN in medium??

Also what with summer only months away (fingers crossed!) are wool wraps OK to use or do they get too hot?

Thanks again in advance for the tips :hug:

Id get a large :)

With wool, if its 100% pure and not acrylic it allows the wetness to evaporate and keep baby cool when its hot and warm when its not(its like magic) and its antibacterial too :mrgreen: We love our woolies :knit:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:30 pm

I have heard it is always better to size up on the WN wraps. If you have a med NN get a large if you have a large NN get an x-large. I have never used my WN wrap over my WNNN so I don't know if it works or not :oops:

Acrylic would make the baby hot but 100% or high % wool should be fine for summer as sarah said especially if you have a soaker, wrap or shorties.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat