hf1

Dear Lord, I need help!

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Dear Lord, I need help!

Postby freyasmummy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Not too far from us! We're in Bedlinog, which is near Nelson, just off the A470, my husband used to work at Cotswold Outdoor in Llantrisant. I'm having the baby in Royal Glamorgan - it's not our closest, but it's there or Prince Charles.....

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby toothlesswonder » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:47 pm

You mad, mad madddddd woman!!!

So says she who may have bought over ten nappies this week on a whim when having a hissy fit after realising her NB's stash is practical rather than fluffy..... :babyroll:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:26 pm

thats the sort o fthing id do minus the price bit :hohoho:

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:33 pm

toothlesswonder wrote:You mad, mad madddddd woman!!!

So says she who may have bought over ten nappies this week on a whim when having a hissy fit after realising her NB's stash is practical rather than fluffy..... :babyroll:

I love the non-specificality of 'over ten'. Eleven? Seventeen? Sixty eight? :wink:

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 pm

freyasmummy wrote:Not too far from us! We're in Bedlinog, which is near Nelson, just off the A470, my husband used to work at Cotswold Outdoor in Llantrisant. I'm having the baby in Royal Glamorgan - it's not our closest, but it's there or Prince Charles.....

We're 5 minutes from the glam, had both of mine there, the postnatal care has improved loads since I had my son there they were really good this time, only stayed on the high dependency bit though as discharged myself 22 hours after the section(nothing to do with the care, hate hospitals and had planned a home birth so wanted to get home asap)

My avatar
freyasmummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby freyasmummy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:32 pm

How were they about the early discharge? I'm going to be having another section and all being well with baby I want out of there ASAP - again, nothing to do with the care, the midwives were wonderful after I had Freya and have been wonderful so far in this pregnancy, but DD was in SCBU for a month and I have so many upsetting memories of the place that I'd rather be home ASAP and recuperate in a familiar place.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:43 pm

They were fine, I just said when they came round in the morning to do my obs that I would be going home that afternoon so if there was anything they needed to get done before I went home that they'd best make a start on it asap :giggle: They sent a registrar round to see me who explained why they'd like me to stay in another night but I just thanked her for taking the time to see me and that after listening to her advice I had decided that I would still be going home. They did ask me to sign a discharge against medical advice form(which I did) but you don't have to sign anything, they can't keep you there against your will.
I find as long as your polite but firm(i.e don't 'ask' to go home just tell them that's what your doing) that they're fine.

P.S I would have gone home after 17 hours but they wanted me to stay for my clexane injection as they said they had to be so many hours apart, when I got home my community midwife told me it was rubbish and that she certainly wasn't coming round my house at 7pm for the next 4 days to give me the rest of the course :hohoho:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Im not even pregnant and i keep looking out for newborn nappies for number 2 :giggle:

Sandy didnt start wearing cloth til he was a couple of months old, i cant wait to start right from the beginning next time :D

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby toothlesswonder » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 am

freyasmummy wrote:
toothlesswonder wrote:You mad, mad madddddd woman!!!

I love the non-specificality of 'over ten'. Eleven? Seventeen? Sixty eight? :wink:

If i told you, i'd have to kill you... :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat