Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Thinking of getting rid of all my fitteds :-(

Postby Allie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:07 pm

tanya2007 wrote:
scrunchkins wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:
:hug: :hug: for you though. I know you've always loved fitteds and never really liked pockets. I now completely understand that POV, whereas before I thought you were a bit mad :oops: :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle: pmsl that you thought I was a bit mad

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Well, everyone else seemed to love pockets and thought fitteds were boring and there you were sticking to them, IYGWIM. :oops: :oops: :oops: That sounds really bad - I'm not taking the mickey, honestly, it was just very different to the trends. I think it might be time to shut up now before I dig an even bigger hole :oops: :oops: :giggle:

I know what you mean, I've never really understood (and still don't) the pockets love. I find them boring even the embroidered ones and I have always liked to be different :wink: . I think it was because I could never get them to work for Harriet as she was an uber wetter and so was Dexter in the early days but that seems to have calmed down :-? . I'm still chuckling to myself that you thought I was a bit mad :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:26 pm

:hug: I guess the main thing is getting rid of poor Dexter's rash. But I'd not like to switch to pockets, either.

In fact, since we made the switch just to fitteds, I can't even bear the thought of PUL. I think I've become a bit nappy hardcore with only fitteds and wool seeming like 'proper' nappies these days. :hohoho: I got some minkee shorties from Rachel and I just don't reach for them; it seems like cheating somehow, because of the PUL laminate. :oops:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

I think that's the thing, Dexter has been in fulltime wool from being a few weeks old and the thought of the PUL in the pockets just makes me cringe :oops: . I'm passionate about my fitteds and wool (ok I might have a problem :giggle: :giggle: ) and it annoys me that it's just not enough to keep Dexters bum clear. He does seem fine with fitteds and wool overnight but I guess that's because his skin is getting a break during the day :-? . Ironically the best pockets for his skin seem to be my stash of YoYoo bamboo pockets which are very cheap and cheerful :roll:

Oh well, Dexters bum needs to come first of course so for now, pockets it is. I think i'll destash some of my fitteds and keep a few to try later on to see if it makes any difference.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Aww i wonder why they make him so sore? :( I hope you find some nice pockets. Maybe a few fitteds every few ays would be ok??
Soupdragon wrote:o: I got some minkee shorties from Rachel and I just don't reach for them; it seems like cheating somehow, because of the PUL laminate. :oops:

Minkee shorties... now that is something i NEED! Are they harmony?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 pm

charlibunny wrote:Aww i wonder why they make him so sore? :( I hope you find some nice pockets. Maybe a few fitteds every few ays would be ok??
Soupdragon wrote:o: I got some minkee shorties from Rachel and I just don't reach for them; it seems like cheating somehow, because of the PUL laminate. :oops:

They're a French WAHM, but not Harmony. Do you want me to go check? :wink: Mind, they';re large, so probably too big for Sophie.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:37 pm

scrunchkins wrote:I think that's the thing, Dexter has been in fulltime wool from being a few weeks old and the thought of the PUL in the pockets just makes me cringe :oops: . I'm passionate about my fitteds and wool (ok I might have a problem :giggle: :giggle: ) and it annoys me that it's just not enough to keep Dexters bum clear. He does seem fine with fitteds and wool overnight but I guess that's because his skin is getting a break during the day :-? . Ironically the best pockets for his skin seem to be my stash of YoYoo bamboo pockets which are very cheap and cheerful :roll:

Oh well, Dexters bum needs to come first of course so for now, pockets it is. I think i'll destash some of my fitteds and keep a few to try later on to see if it makes any difference.

Your right to keep a fair few. Sophie could only tolerate fluterby fluff and sweetiebums anything else made her legs sore. Now she can wear her pockets again and no sores. Kids change over time. Just 'out' your least favourites?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Soupdragon wrote:
charlibunny wrote:Aww i wonder why they make him so sore? :( I hope you find some nice pockets. Maybe a few fitteds every few ays would be ok??

They're a French WAHM, but not Harmony. Do you want me to go check? :wink: Mind, they';re large, so probably too big for Sophie.

How come the french get all the minkee lovliness? Sophie is in large soakers and longies (not length though) because i have to boost ALOT as she pee's for England!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:22 pm

scrunchkins wrote: I'm passionate about my fitteds and wool (ok I might have a problem :giggle: :giggle: )

If you have a problem then i do too :oops: I dont own one pocket nappy and only one wrap now and i cant remember the last time he wore a wrap... Maybe we should open a fitted and wool annoymous :giggle:

:hug: Your right Dex's bum comes first and if pockets give him a break then :wine:

My avatar
nikkib
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby nikkib » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:43 pm

I had an issue like this with jamie a while back and it turned out he couldnt cope with towelling, he could only wear velour/minkee and other soft things.

I'm assuming you've stripped the nappies to check it isnt the build up that's the issue? are there any types that he seems ok with or is it all of them? i am sure I also read that it can be ammonia burn as in wool it evaporates off the water keaving the resulting urine much stronger (this is more common during teething when everything is stronger anyway) so in those cases pul helps as it stops things evaporating.

I hope you find a solution!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat