hf1

Thinking of getting rid of all my fitteds :-(

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Thinking of getting rid of all my fitteds :-(

Postby Allie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Dexter has had a horrendously sore bottom lately (it almost looks like a huge red burn :cry: ) and i've just bought a stash of pockets for the childminder to use. I decided to try them out at home, and have been using them for 3 days and Dexters bottom is completely clear for the first time in months :shock: . I'm so sad as I have built up a beautiful stash of fitteds and have a load of fabric on the way to make him some more but it appears that he is better suited to pockets during the day :(

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I really have to convert to pockets? I LOVE my fitteds but I don't LOVE my pockets :-?

I'd still keep my woolly stash though for nights and use over pockets during the day as at least I know they fit over a cloth bum.....

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Thinking of getting rid of all my fitteds :-(

Postby megansmummy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Oh no :( What a shame! did the minkee liners i lent you not help out? :hug:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm

megansmummy wrote:Oh no :( What a shame! did the minkee liners i lent you not help out? :hug:

Maybe a teeny bit but not enough really :( , thanks for the loan, they're on their way back to you :hug: :hug:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh no, im sorry to hear that hun :(

If you do change to pockets you can always build up a gorgeous stash of nice pockets (buying more nappies, always a bonus :) and use your wool over them as trousers).

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:53 pm

No worries hun, shame they wernt your magical cure though:( I wonder why pockets would work better than fitteds :-? Poor dexter :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 pm

TBH, we only had one real problem with sore bums in pockets. The main reason we switched was Bella out-weeing all the pockets no matter what we put in them.

If it works for Dexter, then it's got to be a good thing, even if most pockets are as nice as some of the lovely fitteds you can get. Maybe you could keep him in the pockets during the week at the childminder and use his fitteds at home and see if his skin will tolerate them again.

It does seem a little strange to be working that way round as it's usually recommended to switch to fitteds and wool if the LO has a sore bum.

:hug: :hug: for you though. I know you've always loved fitteds and never really liked pockets. I now completely understand that POV, whereas before I thought you were a bit mad :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Ella was like that with fitted and not pocket, but switching to wool sorted it. She always tended to be in fitted at night and pockets in the daytime. The pockets fleece or minkee lining seemed to make loads of difference, but she only ever reacted to fitted nappies with a PUL wrap on. PUL in a pocket never affected her, but she needed minkee liners in a fitted if it was under PUL.

I always loved pockets for daytime. It's only really been in the last 12 months I've really started to prefer fitted. I have some medium BBSS stashed away you can try out if you want.

It might make a difference if he is pockets some of the time like tanya says. It def did for Ella.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 pm

tanya2007 wrote:
:hug: :hug: for you though. I know you've always loved fitteds and never really liked pockets. I now completely understand that POV, whereas before I thought you were a bit mad :oops: :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle: pmsl that you thought I was a bit mad

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:05 pm

scrunchkins wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:

:giggle: :giggle: pmsl that you thought I was a bit mad

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Well, everyone else seemed to love pockets and thought fitteds were boring and there you were sticking to them, IYGWIM. :oops: :oops: :oops: That sounds really bad - I'm not taking the mickey, honestly, it was just very different to the trends. I think it might be time to shut up now before I dig an even bigger hole :oops: :oops: :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat