hf1

No-one else will use the cloth nappies!!

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

No-one else will use the cloth nappies!!

Postby Charlootle » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 pm

:( It's in the title really! My mum looks after Jaden when I work on a Thursday. Admittedly he has been ill today but I came home checked in the nappy bin and saw ONE flip wrap and insert :-? I assume my mum has changed him more than once so she must have used disposables. DP is also very very reluctant and won't use the cloth, he threw away a flip insert the other day, it was very soiled but he could have rinsed it :( I don't buy disposables anymore but my mum does. I just wish they were get a bit more enthusiastic about the idea! Has anyone elses family been like this about cloth?

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: No-one else will use the cloth nappies!!

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 pm

My ILs thought I was mad and the few times I had to leave Evie with them they just went and bought disposables which drove me :x I had the comments about their size, their bulk, the hassle, the confusion about how to use them, and one SIL even gave me a lecture that disposables really werent that expensive (as she turned her nose up at a £20 Weenotions :roll: :giggle: )

So I can sympathise with you completely - there was no changing their opinions, I decided that they wouldnt be looking after her unless I really had no other option, and if they didnt want to use her cloth then they could fork out for the manky disposables :wink:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 pm

My family hate them. My Mum and Nana refuse to use them and even if they're here, put a disp on her if they happen to change her. When she goes to mums for nights, mum uses disps on her too. At first, mum promised to buy them, but now they use the emergency ones I have :roll: But they're in for a shock as they're almost finished now :giggle:
My cousin would use them, but she's a bit scared I think :giggle:

OH (he's not dawns dad) hates cloth nappies, though I got him to admit that the size 1 LL I got is cute. His mum made a comment about cloth nappies being dirty :shock: when OH mentioned that I use cloth on Dawn. I'm going to use cloth on number 2, even if he doesn't like it. Tough :giggle: :wink:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 pm

You can only do your best and you can't get everyone on board unfortunately so i would have to say either tell them to get their own disps or if you really don't want them on you LO tell them they cant babysit until after you've PT, i'm sure they'll get on board pretty quick then :wink: non of our family will use cloth either though so i feel your pain

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

My Mum and sister think I am mental but they are always happy to use cloth when they change Gracie. If Mum is babysitting I just explain what I have left out for her before we go. At first DH would say "just pop on a disposable" if it was an hour or so before bath time but I would just point out that I would be doing a nappy wash and one wouldn't make any difference, now he never mentions the "D" word. x

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:21 am

When I 1st switched to cloth Rebekah was 18months. MIL used to look after her 1 day a week while I was at work & when I told her & asked if she would mind using them she said not at all as all 4 of her kids were in cloth!! She even offered to fold the terries for me. Apparently she changed her mind cos she always used the left over sposies or free samples etc.
When we went to stay for a few days in sept told me not to bring my 'silly nappies' & said she'd buy sposies. I told her not to but she did anyway :roll: I took my 'silly nappies' & she ended up returning the sposies as I wouldn't use them :wink: :giggle:

Charlootle wrote: Admittedly he has been ill today but I came home checked in the nappy bin and saw ONE flip wrap and insert :-? I assume my mum has changed him more than once so she must have used disposables
After a 14hr shift I came home from work & found only the nappy I'd put Rebekah in when she woke up in the nappy bin. I asked dh where the other nappies were & he said that was what he'd taken off when he got home :shock: His mum apparently said she was about to change her but that meant she hadn't changed her all day!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :nono: I was fuming.

My SIL uses them when she has looked after Rebekah. I offered to send sposies when she stayed with them one night last year as a practice for when I had Grace but she said to just send her cloth. She even rinsed the poo from the dirty one! :D

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:11 am

We don't have to worry about family but OH needed some talking around to use them - he used to use disposables if he got up with the boys but I started leaving the nappy on top on the disposables and now he's happy using cloth - he doesn't do poo though and will just put the poo nappy in a nappy bag for me to deal with.

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:29 am

I think I am lucky in that DH is totally supportive of Nell wearing cloth and he even rinses the soiled ones out of the nappy bag from nursery 8)

My mum was a bit reluctant for a while and always used to put a disp on her if she changed her when we went to visit, but after a bit of coaxing, she will now put on a 'proper' cloth nappy. She even bought a yummy Weenotions AI2 for Nell for Christmas (and chose it out of the nappy drawer to put on her when she was at our house last) :wine: :wine:

It's such a shame if you make the effort to buy and wash cloth nappies that other people don't respect your decisions to use them.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:32 am

Have to say my dh was a star using them - fair enough, he didnt know the names, he didnt know which insert went where, he didnt line them up in colour co-ordinated rows on the nappy stand, and sometimes the poppers confused him a bit but he never refused to use them, and changed them without a bother.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat