hf1

I wonder.... *UPDATE*

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

I wonder.... *UPDATE*

Postby tanya » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:10 am

I'm wondering if Flongies would work for Bella? Wool doesn't atm, except overnight when her nappies are so heavily boosted, maybe fleece would.

Does anyone find fleece to be more water resistant than wool?

The other bonus to fleece is it's cheap :oops:

The reason I'm asking is I'm feeling a bit bad for moving Bella from nice breathable wool to not-so-breathable PUL wraps, which although the are working, just go against my instincts. We would still use them for nursery as I don't think they are ready for wool or fleece yet!
Last edited by tanya on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I wonder....

Postby angelsquidge » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 am

Wool never worked for my DD but fleece did...never had a leak overnight or during the day if I used a fleece soaker/wrap/pocket.

Definitely worth giving it a try, like you say fleece is a lot cheaper than wool too!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:13 am

It depends on the fleece used. I have had problems with some woollies if Katie has flooded her nappy but never with my Snugglebots fleece. It is nice and thick and double layered at the crotch due to the inbuilt soaker. They'd be fab for nursery and I'm getting some plain black ones if Katie hasn't PT'd before she starts (they wear uniform). You are welcome to borrow Katie's to try if they aren't too big hun. (I did order XL so they'd last a while).

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 am

Gotta be worth a try...
Plus you can wash them with normal clothes (by which I mean using fabric conditioner) and using FC should add to the waterproofing...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:17 am

I found fleece no where near as good as wool to be honist and Kieren isnt a heavy wetter really...It just felt totaly wet on the outside and i hated it and sold both pairs of flongies i had :oops: worth a try tho as they are all different and im guessing that different WAHMS use different fleece? mine were from nitnacs :-?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

megansmummy wrote:I found fleece no where near as good as wool to be honist and Kieren isnt a heavy wetter really...It just felt totaly wet on the outside and i hated it and sold both pairs of flongies i had :oops: worth a try tho as they are all different and im guessing that different WAHMS use different fleece? mine were from nitnacs :-?

That's what we get with wool, even with a well boosted nappy and changing every 2 hours. I have never been able to use the same pair of woolies all day as they are always wet when they come off. I can maybe get 2 changes out of them before having to find a clean pair on a lesser wetting day.

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

Well, it's definitely worth a try. Especially since it's so cheap compared to wool. I loved our fleece soaker, it worked very well for Kiara. I only sold it because it became too short in the rise.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 am

we get on ok with fleece over night, i use a soaker and a fleece all in one from primark, cheap as chips they are, and they wash up well, add a bit of fabric conditioner and they are yummy for bedtimes! :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:31 am

Well, Bella is currently wearing a gorgeous pair of Snugglebots flongies (thanks for the loan Louise) and after 2.5 hours of being on, there is no sign of any wetness coming through :wine: I'll need to check the nappy underneath fairly soon, but so far this is looking very good :widesmile: Bella also loves the "pretty trousers", so that's a bonus too :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat