hf1

Fingers crossed: she's in her fluffle tonight!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Fingers crossed: she's in her fluffle tonight!

Postby mabo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:54 pm

I've finally taken the plunge and put Anna in a fluffle tonight for the first time! EEK! :D
I tried it on the other night, but after some suggestions added an extra insert... :shock: not a good idea as the extra padding lifted her bum too far off the matress. I was going to take the insert out but she'd already weed in it so didnt want to put it back on.

So now she's asleep looking like a proper teletubbie with her fluffle, a hemp jersey insert and a fleece rainbow wrap - lets see if it keeps her dry overnight.

I know from other posts that most of you think your LO have grown into them, right? :lol:

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:41 am

a tellytubbie is a good description of what they look like with a night nappy on. how did it go??

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:59 am

I'm not sure...! :shock:

She woke at 3am, I fed her and at the same time had a feel around her bottom to see if it was all still dry. It didnt feel wet, just very lightly damp which I was expecting as I know the fleece wrap is supposed to help evaporate some of the moisture. But then she wouldnt settle back to sleep which is unusual for her, so I decided to have a closer look and felt her bum, it was clammy and felt very very cold :( Is that normal? Anyway, after that I put a disposable back on as I felt sorry for her having to lie there with a cold bum.

Any suggestions? I hadnt put a paper liner in as she normally doesnt poo at night and I thought the fleece of the fluffle would keep her bum dry...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi Mabo! To be honest Fluffles arent' one of my fave nappies. I've got 2 as they are great to have as a back up as they dry so quickly. I've never got on with them over night, I've used them a few times but only in an emergency! As some of the others said before, microfibre can squelch out when quite wet. Also the fleece is a lot thinner than in other nappies and I also find that Louis feels quite damp when he has had this on. I would honestly recommend trying another nappy at night, something like a Hemp/terry Stuffie (angeltots.co.uk stock them) or people are raving about the new night notions (weenotions.co.uk) bamboo or hemp. You may find they seem less bulky than the fluffle and not as damp feeling. You may even have something in bamboo or hemp already that you could try boosted and with a fleece liner to see if you find it better. Hope this helps!

My avatar
neels
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby neels » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:58 pm

a hemp bamboo combo would be better suited for nights and less bulky. and why not give wool a try. it's great. you could use knitted or interlock wool wrap. hth.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat