Newborn Nappies

My avatar
Farmers
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Newborn Nappies

Postby Farmers » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I have started using my tots bots on my 6 week old bf baby, and have a question about what to do with the poo! I started using washables on dd when she was about 18 months, and would obviously put her poo into the toilet, but newborn poo is very different and I'm sure I read somewhere that newborn nappies can just go straight into the washing machine poo and all, however when I did my first wash yesterday all of the nappies now have poo stains. Should I be trying to remove excess poo, or can I use something like vanish to keep them from staining? Haven't been using liners cos I found the paper ones made dd sore.

Thanks!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Newborn Nappies

Postby tanya » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Yup, straight in the washing machine with it. If you have stains, the sun will sort those out soon enough. The stains are purely a cosmetic issue and not a problem with cleaning. Newborn poo just stains quite badly :(

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:58 pm

I used to just put ours in the bucket, then machine. Have you tried minkee liners? They're so soft, and really hard to stain.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:59 pm

I do a cold rinse before I do a hotter wash too, it's meant to minimise stains :)

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:36 pm

just do what you are doing now but try fleece or minkee liners aswell teh sun will bleach the stains out aswell :)

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 pm

i do a cold rinse then a wash and try and dry them in a sunny window the minkee liners help but we have poo explosions but the sun does get the stains out :D

My avatar
beck2boys1girl
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby beck2boys1girl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 pm

If you have a diaper sprayer from an older child you might use it. But the sun will magically take stains out...

If it really bothers you maybe try a wet pail??

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat