hf1

US Terminology

My avatar
raffertygrey
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

US Terminology

Postby raffertygrey » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:12 pm

I hope I'm not the only one to get confused with US cloth related terminology :oops: :?: Soakers, doublers, OCV, BOV, OBF...aaarrrgghhh! I'm getting on top of it now, but it was a load of mumbo jumbo the first time I visited HC (and I imagine there's still plenty out there who would need a defination of "HC" alone!)

Is anyone equipped to update the cloth nappy jargon thread with a new section for US terminology (not to mention that many terms are sneaking into UK WAHM's sites too as newer fabrics are introduced) ?

Ladybird!!???

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:55 pm

LMAO!! Me? Why me??? :lol: :oops:

Not sure I know that much tbh, I just read a description and guess half the time. Aren't boosters and doublers the same thing? Soakers are wool covers.

OCV is organic cotton velour
BV is bamboo velour
OBF organic bamboo fleece

and HC - hyenacart.com - hide your credit cards and paypal pins before clicking though if you've never been there :lol:

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:32 pm

I've only glanced at hyenacart and etsy, anymore and I would be bankrupt :lol: :lol:

My avatar
ramsay
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ramsay » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:19 pm

i love hyenacart and etsy etc...:) my fave place to shop :lol:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Glad you have put what these abbreviations below mean Shadow as i didn't know them all.
OCV is organic cotton velour
BV is bamboo velour
OBF organic bamboo fleece

Knew BV but not the other two!! Glad you cleared them up for me and yes i agree the abbreviations can get abit puzzling at times!! :?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:32 pm

ramsay wrote:i love hyenacart and etsy etc...:) my fave place to shop :lol:

Mine too, dangerously so though.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:35 pm

ladybird wrote:
ramsay wrote:i love hyenacart and etsy etc...:) my fave place to shop :lol:

Mine too, dangerously so though.

I have never been on hyena cart, clicked on a few of the links people have posted but never gone into it on my own accord....for the sake of my bank balance i'd say that's very wise!!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

I breifly looked on etsy a while ago when i was perusing for a new bag (you may remember Shadow!!) but again avoid it really as i fear for our finances!!!
:lol: :lol: :wink:

My avatar
ramsay
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ramsay » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:44 pm

im getting loads of handmade summer dresses from etsy..as they are so gorgeous :)

Hyenacart is good though..especially when the conversion rate is good for us :wink: :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:07 pm

I find Etsy a lot harder to buy through - finding stuff is difficult unless you are looking for something specific in which case I then use UK in the search to try and buy UK WAHP. I tend to browse HC, which I guess is why it's more dangerous :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat