hf1

Ok own up then...... (AKA the We Love Bonnie Thread)

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ok own up then...... (AKA the We Love Bonnie Thread)

Postby Rox » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:13 pm

I wonder if the others were a bit more resilient due to being used a bit more before being tumbled?

I dunno really - BV doesnt really like to be tumbled. I generally dry mine on a maiden and then once in a while i do a tumble to soften/fluff them back up, they dont seem to mind the odd tumble but repeatedly it can get a bit 'cooked' and upsets the fibers.

I noticed this with a HO i had, i had builders in for a few weeks and had to tumble my nappies or else they would have got dirty/dusty hanging around drying and the BV of the HO got little 'plucks' on it and didnt look just as nice, i did find tho that a few washes later once we were back to indoor drying it went back to looking fine.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

No it is soft & squidgy.... Where the threads are like that, they'll just pull out!!

Don't own any aplix nappies & don't wash with bibs....

Mmmmmm, we have very hard water here, they normally only have 10mins tumbled to finish them....

Will have to try washing & not tumbling- just get very 'stiff'......

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 pm

If youre only doing 10mins to soften i cant see that it could be that... are you doing it on low?

I dunno hun, i do find they go less silky as they age, but yours is only 1month.

:|

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:21 pm

Ah, I don't tumble dry, I think our tumble drier has died anyway as we had a small flood due to a burst pipe. My bedbugs get crunchy but a good rubbing fluffs them up again. Can't have a crunchy Bedbug! :wink:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Always low heat- do with everything....

Yeah one of the pre loved isn't as 'squidgy' but it's not like this one... It's odd- just wondered if anyone had seen anything like it before... Just feel sad as it's the one i paid full price for!!!! lol!!!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:28 pm

:hug: It sounds like it will sort itself out, Rox sounds like a lady who knows her HLs! :wink:

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:38 pm

I have one <or maybe two :-? > which has done this, plus a WNNN with OBV outer and one of my LLS UDNN too - but they still look nice overall so I don't let it worry me! I don't tumble dry - some batches of OBV are just like that I think :(
I read a thread somewhere but haven't been able to find it again!
If you are very sad about it then maybe contact Bonnie about it?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Just come online after leaving work and getting Max to bed. Had to dash to get tissues to wipe up all the drool after looking at the pics of the SERIOUSLY gorgeous nappies. :giggle:

Rox & Nappynutter - I'm so jealous. What beautiful HL stashes.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Emma1977 wrote:Just come online after leaving work and getting Max to bed. Had to dash to get tissues to wipe up all the drool after looking at the pics of the SERIOUSLY gorgeous nappies. :giggle:

Rox & Nappynutter - I'm so jealous. What beautiful HL stashes.

Lol, that was just this order. I have another 26 of them!!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat