Summer fleece use

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Summer fleece use

Postby freckle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Lots of summer posts today! :giggle:

Just a question and this may be way off but in the summer do flongies/florties still need an inbuilt soaker? Just wondered that with it being hotter maybe you could get away with one less layer?

A couple of our flongies only have a rectangle sewn in which covers the nappy area instead of a whole soaker and they never leak and they are slightly less bulky. Am worried that an inbuilt soaker may be a little hot in summer.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Summer fleece use

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 pm

I don't know the answer but I was wondering what people do in summer too!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Wool! I have never used fleece in the summer as personally I think it would be a bit too sweaty. Wool is much more breathable.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Dawn won't wear longies, but she seems ok with shorties/soakers/skirties in wool. So we'll try and switch to wool use in the summer, as we're almost exclusivly fleece atm. Only really use PUL in our pockets.

We don't often get much of a summer up here anyways so we might be ok :hohoho:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm using fleece alot with my 3 at the moment but in the Summer we'll use wool or pockets. I agree with Louise and think fleece might be a bit sweaty :-?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:18 pm

i am just going over to using fleee and am worried about this also. i just cant be bothered to go down the wool route and am worried we will just get sorted then have a nightmare having to change everything again. x

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:49 pm

We used Upsy daisy and Wee Notions wraps last summer and they were fine. But the stacinator fleece was too thick and a bit sweaty.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Oooo good to know- i'm only getting into fleece/ wool & although live in Ireland & get about 3 days of sunshine, it does get quite warm in our house!!!

Mmmmm more excuse to eye up crops, bloomers & shorties!!

Did :giggle: at florties as hadn't heard that before- there are some great words born from fleece wearing!!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:52 pm

peachy.moo wrote:Oooo good to know- i'm only getting into fleece/ wool & although live in Ireland & get about 3 days of sunshine, it does get quite warm in our house!!!

Mmmmm more excuse to eye up crops, bloomers & shorties!!

Did :giggle: at florties as hadn't heard that before- there are some great words born from fleece wearing!!

Florties....????..........i have never heard that one before! :hohoho: :hohoho: :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat