72%

Total votes : 29
My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Poll - what nappy to buy?

Postby northernruth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Two friends have just had new baby boys so I want to order a nappy for each of them. One has used cloth on her eldest but mostly used BGs (often with a wrap over :roll: cos she didn't really realise they were waterproof) and the other it's her first but she has ordered a load to try including fitteds, BGs and Pop ins

I never got on with the one Itti I had but I know people love them, and I have heard Cushie Tushies mentioned on here as being cute

I like the new weenotiions pockets for babies but I don't want the washable wipes (pushes the cost up a bit and I never used them) so I might just email WN and ask if they would do me a price without.

I much preferred pockets to AIO's/ AI2's mainly because of ease of cleaning, I found the inserts with an AI2 got too messy with poo. But then people love them

And much as I love weenotions I'm not sure how much of my life I'm prepared to lose surfing those embrodery pages! Plus htere is the wait......

What do you think ladies??

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Poll - what nappy to buy?

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:11 pm

I think wee notions simply because they are soooooo cute :wink:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Ive voted for itti bitti as i think new babies look gorgeous in them

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Wee Notions, never tried a Cushie Tushies and Itti Bitti aren't the most reliable at holding in nb poo due to the narrow crotch so wouldn't want a newbie to be put off by leaks. :wink:

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Louise wrote:Wee Notions, never tried a Cushie Tushies and Itti Bitti aren't the most reliable at holding in nb poo due to the narrow crotch so wouldn't want a newbie to be put off by leaks. :wink:

Agree about the Ittis. I use them all the time but wouldn't trust them with newborn poo. Cushie Tushies are wider at the crotch BUT..... they aren't the most reliable nappies in the world. AND they take forever to dry & look old pretty quickly.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Louise wrote:Wee Notions, never tried a Cushie Tushies and Itti Bitti aren't the most reliable at holding in nb poo due to the narrow crotch so wouldn't want a newbie to be put off by leaks. :wink:

If I had to choose 1 then it would be the Weenotions for the reasons Louise has given.

But if it were me I would probably go for a Weenotion Northern Light and very pretty wrap, as it would be more reliable, less leaks, and get more wear from a wrap than a pocket.

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:20 pm

I'd probably go for a personalised WN onesize and I'd choose a Cushie Tushie over an itti for a NB. They are wider in the crotch and just a bit fluffier and softer IMO than an itti.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Haven't weenotions got the newborn new to cloth pack now on the shop? They look super cute!!

Called 'Newly Hatched'. Just came up on my FB status list after I posted :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Yes I've seen that, really nice but don't want the wipes and tbh don't want the wait!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat