hf1

WAHM (P) nappies - what do you love about them?

My avatar
luckysprog
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

WAHM (P) nappies - what do you love about them?

Postby luckysprog » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:35 am

I thought it would be nice to know why you love WAHM nappies! I was up in the middle of the night last night, browsing Work at home Mum (WAHM) nappies and it occurred to me that while not quite works of art they really are crafted with care by artisans - something that you dont generally get these days with anything.

So why do you love WAHM nappies? What makes them stand out from mainstream brands?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: WAHM (P) nappies - what do you love about them?

Postby megansmummy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 am

Deffinatly the care and attention that goes into making them, I love that you can customise them, have them personalised if you wanted etc etc...I also really like the idea of supporting WAHM's over the larger companies (who get lots of bussiness through big advertising and everything!) :)

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:54 am

megansmummy wrote:Deffinatly the care and attention that goes into making them, I love that you can customise them, have them personalised if you wanted etc etc...I also really like the idea of supporting WAHM's over the larger companies (who get lots of bussiness through big advertising and everything!) :)

WSS - same reason I'm moving over to WAHM clothing for the kids too.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am

freckle wrote:
megansmummy wrote:Deffinatly the care and attention that goes into making them, I love that you can customise them, have them personalised if you wanted etc etc...I also really like the idea of supporting WAHM's over the larger companies (who get lots of bussiness through big advertising and everything!) :)

Totally agree with both statements. Plus DH would rather spend a little extra on custom clothing and support a small business than buy something cheaper from a big business and see half a dozen other children wearing the same thing. The nappies are so much more beautiful too. Compare for example, an ordinary (but still yummy) BumGenius to a gorgeous handmade beauty from Weenotions. It's a no-brainer! :mrgreen:

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby toothlesswonder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:52 pm

freckle wrote:

This, exactly.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:57 pm

I like the fact that they work for my very heavy wetter. ;)

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Definately WSS

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Soupdragon wrote:I like the fact that they work for my very heavy wetter. ;)

WSS - I find they fit better and can be customised to suit my heavy wetter perfectly, which doesn't happen with the mass produced nappies.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:19 pm

I love supporting wahm for both clothes and nappies. It bugs me when people love my son's clothes but when I say I bought it from a wahm or made it myself they go 'oh' right and change the subject :-?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat