hf1

Hope it works - Updated.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Hope it works - Updated.

Postby jules070603 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm

I've not had Imogen in cloth at night for ages :oops: It started when she had a sore bum so we were having overnight breaks as they seemed to help and I'm not got back into it at all, much to my shame.

Anyway, after the ASDA delivery saga (they were supposed to deliver on Thurs and cancelled very last minute) I realised at bathtime I have NO disposables in :shock:

So, I have 1 Large Wee Notions Night Notion, thank goodness I bought the Droopy Drawers soaker last week as it fits over nicely and luckily I had some 1-2 years PJs in the wardrobe that someone gave me as her bum wouldn't have fit in her sleepsuits.

Fingers crossed it works and also that it gives me the kick up the backside I need to get back into cloth full time. The soaker is lanolised as received so only one lanolising - I'm hoping it'll work as I never really used wool with Zach at night (not with success anyway) so this is a bit new. I had no fleece or PUL that would have gone over though.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Hope it works

Postby bryc1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 pm

FC it works for you.

My avatar
toothlesswonder
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby toothlesswonder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Ohh.. hope it works for you.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Hope it works! I didn't get Jasmine in cloth at night until she was over 6 months old, after repeated problems with leaks when we first tried it at about 4 months. It's really hard to make the change when you're used to disposables, and I was expecially terrified that she'd start sleeping badly.

Thanksfully we never looked back :D

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

FC really hope it works for you

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 pm

FC it works for you - we are still using disposables overnight but have 2 wnnn's on order so that will all change soon!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:02 am

How'd it go? Lili's not a heavy wetter but I've always found one lanolising to be fine. :wink:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:38 am

hope it went ok

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Mixed success really.

Imogen was quite restless through the night which is unlike her :-?

By morning the nappy was soaked at the back (she sleeps on her back and hardly moves really) and damp at the front. Soaker felt dry. PJ bottoms, sleeping bag and bedsheet were damp :-?

I will try it again when its washed/dry etc. I will try folding back some of the inserts I think or maybe adding more absorbancy.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat