need help with stash thinning

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

need help with stash thinning

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Basically I'm hoarding :x :x :evil:

I'm finding it very hard to let go of any nappies :roll: even the ones that don't work for us whether its absorbancy issues or bad fitting. I just keep looking at them and thinking: "I'll give them one last try" or "I'll keep them for the next one" or "but they're just so cute". And I have inserts sitting in a basket that I haven't used for about 9 months. I'm torn between selling to raise funds for nappies and accessories that I do need or keeping them with the excuse of "but they could come in handy"

How do you make yourselves let go? If something has sat there for months do you just decide to just sell it on or do you listen to that little addict in your head that says "keep it as you'll find a use"

Sorry if this sounds like the ravings of a crazed addict :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: need help with stash thinning

Postby tanya » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:49 pm

TBH, it depends on if something else has caught my eye and I can't access any more funds (usually 'cos there's no money in the bamk account), then I'll start culling the stash. Otherwise I just buy what I want and hoard. Unfortunately, those days are definitely gone. I now HAVE to sell to fund.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:50 pm

i dont know what you use normally, but if ur looking at something very special and thinking you can afford it when really you cant, but then thinking ooooooh i could have that if i sold blah blah, thinking about that very pretty nappy sitting in my stash would be enough to make me get rid :giggle:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:52 pm

I have to admit I don't have any problems selling nappies if it means I can use the funds for ones that will fit and perform better.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 pm

i find it's better to sell for ones that fit rather than will them to one day. worth investing in good fitting nappies, u will find some that totally agree with you and then you'll want lots.

lls is my latest 'i want lots of' nappy! :giggle: coz they fit, there is no way you'd ever get leg gape and they look pretty!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 pm

I dont have a problem selling nappies at all...i very rarely use money out of our bank account for nappies/CSP etc so i sell to fund new things...

If something doesnt MAKE me love it then i sell...i want nappies that work and fit...looking pretty but being useless doesnt help me...i dont have the space or cash to have a load of nappies that i dont use! :oops:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm

If I have the slightest reason not to love a nappy I flog it, I'm always on the hunt for new ones :oops: and try not to use funds from my bank account either... and TBH you'll find even if you're on the fence once it's gone you really won't miss it. :wink: And if by any chance you do, you can always use that as an excuse to buy another one :giggle:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:51 pm

megansmummy wrote:I dont have a problem selling nappies at all...i very rarely use money out of our bank account for nappies/CSP etc so i sell to fund new things...

If something doesnt MAKE me love it then i sell...i want nappies that work and fit...looking pretty but being useless doesnt help me...i dont have the space or cash to have a load of nappies that i dont use! :oops:

I'd noticed :giggle: Very envious of how you just sell on if you don't need it.

I'm more in a quandry about inserts. I have some blueberry ones that I haven't used yet and am thinking of selling. However, they are good inserts and useful to have around :-?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:23 pm

It's always worth having a couple of extra inserts around, but if you have stacks that you never use (and/or enough of your favorites that you could sell some of the ones you just never reach for), I'd say clear some out. :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat