hf1

Fleece soakers

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Fleece soakers

Postby Natalie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:16 pm

I just wondered people opinions on them, you know the pull up ones like knickers i guess. Do they need lanolizing (spl) and work the same way as wool i have no idea about them x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Sorry, not sure. Do you mean they are a wool fleece?

My avatar
Natalie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Natalie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Lol hold on ill get a pic like these *http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=18666&vid=966 i think they are wool not 100% sure i just think they look cute but wondered how effective they where x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Well just going off the fact the site is called wild child woolies I would guess that they are indeed wool and would probably need lanolising but they look felted so like the hollow oak ones you might get away without doing it for daywear...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Quote from the information section of their site:

Wild Child Woolies wrote:Wild Child Woolies pants, shorts and soakers have a body usually made from soft 100% merino wool hand dyed with professional sabreset dyes in a rainbow of luscious colors. The waistband and cuffs are made from wool blend of 97% wool and 3% lycra. Wool interlock is nice and stretchy- particularly the wool blend. You will find it nicely on tiny bird legs all the way up to giant elephant trunks! Some small and medium may have hidden (from the outside) snaps in the waistband to attatch the modified tee. Soakers have a sewn in double through the wetzone for extra wetness protection right where you need it without the bulk where you don't. This makes them suitable for overnight use. Snaps are occassionally offered on these as well.

They're offline until the 15th feb anyway :)

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Wild child woolies are def wool.

I like them, but have had problems with colour bleed, especially into unbleached cuffs :cry:

My avatar
caseyj
Clothie
Clothie

Postby caseyj » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 pm

I have a couple of polyester fleece soakers. They work great and are easy to care for, unlike wool. Just use them and wash them, no lanolising required!

Here's a pattern to make your own (use a recycled fleece jumper):

*http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/

My avatar
Emma S
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Emma S » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:21 am

I am not finding the wool too hard to look after. Have been having success with my heavy felted interlock without lanolin - they have done a few full days, tho havent tried a night yet. And as the heavy felted stuff is machine washable, I have even chucked them in the nappy wash. I am thinking that they may not have so much of the self cleaning element without the lanolin, but if they are easy to wash, thats not such an important thing

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:49 pm

I've machine washed my Hollow Oak longies, they were getting a bit grubby and hand-washing wasn't helping :roll: They were absolutely fine.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat