hf1

what does ur lo wear under 'normal' clothes?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

what does ur lo wear under 'normal' clothes?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:58 am

hope this is the right place to post.... sorry mods if it's not,

i'm curious, taliesin is mainly in wool right now, but i'd love him to wear his jeans now and then. we use mainly fitted nappies, one or two pockets, and i think i own 1 aio, my general day to day nappy is the tots range we have loads of these! and various fleece wraps and some pul wraps i don't use much. what do u put on wrap wise over a nappy if ur lo is in jeans? coz no matter what combo i do it leaks of late. i've tried tots with a pul wrap and 2 hour changes, fleece is very bulky, wool doesn't seem to work and aio's are huge! well the one i have is, so he's generally in wool by day and fleece at night. drives me muts that i can't put him in his other clothes, or do i just give in and try wool all the time?

the same goes for him going to bed in a sleepsuit, pj's anything that isn't wool or fleece leaks.grrrrr

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: what does ur lo wear under 'normal' clothes?

Postby megansmummy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 am

We are in full time wool now and i have never put K in jeans but if he did/does ever wear joggers then i use a motherease airflow wrap underneath...and normally a DnF as i think they are the trimest ones we have...

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:17 am

hmmm we have some really trim nappies in the wham ones i had made in america, they do need changing more though. it's gonna be pul wraps though i guess if anything isn't it? love my wool, just don't have enough for him to be in it full time right now, hence why more is on order.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 am

I use motherease rikki ones if Oz is wearing non fleece/wool and have never had any probs with leaks. I did find that his pockets used to leak a lot if in jeans.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:19 am

half of my stash is made up from Bumgenius stuffed with both the mf inserts and these last a good 2-3 hours. I've rarely had leaks and so these are what I reach for if DH and I are heading out-n-about with Max, They are slim-fitting enough to go under jeans and we swear by them. I've also had flexi-tots with PUL wrap on under jeans successfully.

I do find putting most of his fitteds on slightly harder as they are very bulky.

Hopefully someone else will come along with more advice :hug: :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:21 am

we use sposies under some outfits :oops:
but otherwise we have Real Easy pockets. sometimes a Mutt and a pul wrap (preloved so dont know type)

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 am

Emma1977 wrote:half of my stash is made up from Bumgenius stuffed with both the mf inserts and these last a good 2-3 hours. I've rarely had leaks and so these are what I reach for if DH and I are heading out-n-about with Max, They are slim-fitting enough to go under jeans and we swear by them. I've also had flexi-tots with PUL wrap on under jeans successfully.

I do find putting most of his fitteds on slightly harder as they are very bulky.

Hopefully someone else will come along with more advice :hug: :hug:

hmmm i do have flexi tots and various wraps so might give them a go. we go size 2 flexi tots so they're a little big. gotta be worth a try though. tahnks for the suggestion hun.x

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:29 am

I have put Martha in a YoYoo pocket today which is as slim as a disposable and I have managed to put her in her yummy dungarees. Usually if I use an Itti, those dungarees would nearly cut off the circulation to her arms as they get pulled so tight across her shoulders to accommodate her cloth bottom. I don't know if they would work with jeans, as I pretty much gave up on jeans when I started using cloth so don't have any for her! :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:32 am

Kacie wears Itti's or pockets under her jeans and has only just stopped wearing 3-6 months size after a recent growth spurt and they stopped fitting over her bum. We have no issues with leaks in Itti's and I know she can wear them for a vey long time too, but don't ask me how :x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat