hf1

what does ur lo wear under 'normal' clothes?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: what does ur lo wear under 'normal' clothes?

Postby twinkletot » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:45 pm

I have never had an issue either. We always have jeans with elasticated waists as ds is slim so maybe that makes the difference :-? He always has a wool soaker on underneath his jeans with no problems. On the rare occasion he hasn't got a wool soaker on then it's fleece.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Erm, you could try a wool interlock wrap or soaker, super stuffed pocket, a pocket and wrap, or pocket and soaker (we do this if she's in the pushchair or sling to stop compression) or a wool AI2 or pocket, though I'm not sure if there are many available, if any, I find bumgenius and ecobubs wool pockets the most reliable pockets, and old style WN pockets are great too!!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:00 pm

We've never had a problem but i don't buy jeans.cords we tend to buy a size up but usually he's in jogging bottoms.we found some generous trousers and dungarees in pumpkin patch.we use bg,greenkids or fitteds with airflows mainly.
Have just got some fleece to try.we only really use wool at night.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:01 pm

If under jeans, Oscar will wear tots bots with a motherease wrap.

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 pm

If we're not using wool then I usually use Wonderoos with the microfibre inserts. I don't think they're that popular but they fit my little man perfectly at the moment :giggle: If I still want to use a fitted then I just pop a Wee Notions pul wrap over it, they work fine and don't bulk him out too much.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:14 pm

We always used pockets for under trousers, so BB or WNOS normally. Under dungarees or jogger bottoms. Leggings are handy for girls then once it gets warmer it's all skirts and things so I guess it is a bit easier then. I like bamboo interlock and bamboo velour trousers, minkee too, though maybe they are quite girly. :giggle: Anything with a bit of stretch generally works though. Synthetic fleece is good too, but I'm a bit funny about using synthetics, except for jumpers and Snugglebots. Otherwise I like natural fleeces for warmer trousers.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Sandy generally wears his itti bittis under jeans and things. They are so trim they are under even the most fitted of jeans.

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:17 pm

I have to use ittis, BBSS and BG for some of R's clothes after her latest growthspurt. I do find that you have to change them frequently or they wick though and they give R sore legs. :-?
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:16 pm

I wondered about this too actually but so far have only used pockets or BG flips under jeans etc. Can't imagine a fleece or wool soaker fitter under DS's trousers, although they might under his looser and thinner summer ones. I like DS's ''normal'' clothes but am falling in love with wool especially the wooly shorts I've bought him recently!! I look him to a toddler group in his woolly longies and got soo many comments about how nice they were (snugglepants from Jabula)

Charlotte & Jaden x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat