hf1

Perfect "I told you so" moment

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Perfect "I told you so" moment

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:48 pm

My mum also refuses to use cloth - she now uses the excuse of communal washing facilities, but did admit the other day that she just prefers sposies. Fine, says me, but I'm not paying for them as I have loads of perfectly suitable nappies here for her to use.

She was desperately trying to convince me that I just wanted to use sposies on Sproglet when he arrives as I "won't have time for all the washing etc". Erm, nope.

But in your case I get the impression your mum would refuse to look after Dawn if you didn't provide the sposies, whereas mine's always trying to get us to let her have Bella.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:23 pm

I wouldn't have bought the sposies, you're very patient with your mum! None of Molly's grandparents use cloth nappies on her, no matter how easy I make it for them! But they all buy the sposies they use so I dont mind.

But I think its a bit rude of her to ask you to buy bed-mats as well :-? Especially when you have cloth nappies that wouldnt require them, and its not like one night nappy is too much of a challenge for anyone!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:52 pm

buy a washable bed mat thing! Wee notions ones are great. Argos sell a cheap one which we also have 1 of and that has been fine for us too, think it was about £8 or thereabouts

Jan x

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 pm

weenotions do matress protectors :giggle:
I was using aplix pockets when my mum had Kadyi she was fine with those. She did buy disposables ever now and then though :roll:
Now I'm living here she has no choice most of my nappies are fitteds I use wool and fleece over. Both mum and dad hate the wool but don't mind fleece.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:47 pm

If my mum was refusing to use cloth when she was babysitting then she would be buying her own disposables! You are very patient!

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 pm

:wine: :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:05 am

Buy her a big pack of sposies for her birthday - wrap them up and pop a big bow on top :giggle:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:48 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:Buy her a big pack of sposies for her birthday - wrap them up and pop a big bow on top :giggle:

:hohoho:

Also agree that you are very patient!!!

I was very lucky with my mum, she was living with us when Elsie was born & loves the cloth far more than the dispicables....!

Her only problem was getting snaps tight enough with arthritus, but she's allowed that one!!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 am

I would of straight out refused lol and I have before - MIL didn't want to use cloth and we just said to bad basically. But then she'd do just about anything to see her grandkids :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat