hf1

Flooding nappies

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Flooding nappies

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Noahs just started flooding his nappies again, we went through this about a year ago and I switched from pockets to fitteds..

He's doing it again! :x

He's leaking right through his nappy and we end up with a puddle on the floor. It happens with everything except his bedbugs!

He's 2yrs3mths and I didn't really want to have to change his stash again... (yes I did just say that outloud lol)
so what would you do?

He's going no-where with potty training either he's not ready yet.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby rhead » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Is it possible he's just been drinking more than usual, or has it been going on consistently for a while? Lili's usually quite a light wetter but sometimes she'll slurp down an unusual amount of tea :oops: or juice or whatever and suddenly needs changing way more frequently than normal.

A puddle on the floor does sound pretty extreme though! What kinds of nappies are you using? Any chance of leg gape letting the wee escape, or if they're pockets (or PUL wraps over fitteds) of maybe just needing to reset the PUL with a spin in the tumble dryer?

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm

He's in wool fulltime.
He has a collection of Hollow Oak NN's, bedbugs, Northernlights, fluff&stuff heavy wetters. (he wears the NN's inthe morning when he wets the most) There's no leg gape, he does just pee so much that they're not absorbant enough for him. I'm trying to justify more bedbugs, but at £25 each I'm not sure I can.

He does drink a fair amount and occasionally drains one the others beaker too :oops: I guess it just goes straight through him.

Honestly though, I changed him just before lunch and he'd outwee'd (puddle on floor and wet woollies) a boosted OBV lined GM wihin half an hour. He'd normally wear that until after his nap. :-?

Maybe I should just sell them on and replace them with more bedbugs. :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:47 pm

We've had this with Bella as well and I'm afraid I haven't really found a solution, except to change her more often and use PUL wraps or fleece during the day (which amazingly seems to keep her dry!). I was considering putting her in night nappies full time, but given the issues I have with night nappies (we have 2 proper night nappies left after all the others failed :( and I had to sell them to fund new ones), I couldn't justify it.

Good luck finding something that works. I'm just praying Bella consents to PT sooner rather than later, although I'm beginning to suspect that isn't going to be before Sproglet arrives :(

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Rebekah did this last summer at the same age as Noah & she was nowhere near PT. It was a nightmare as there were puddles everywhere. That's when she started in wool :wink: In the end I had to resort to bedbugs in the morning & then boosted everything else :-? I was changing her every hour in the morning though it did get better through the day. I had some swaddlebees hemp boosters which fit perfectly behind WNNL inserts & Suzanne even made me some 6 layer inserts for my NL. GK boosters went in most of my other fitteds.

The good thing was that it didn't last that long :D Only a couple of months. SO by the time I'd changed her stash it seemed to settle down. :roll: :giggle:
Have you got any WNNN? They'd be cheaper than bedbugs. I've got a new style large I don't mind lending you to try if you want. :D

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Just occasionally Lucas floods his nappies within the hour and he is in fitteds and wool most of the time too. I dread to think when he gets a bit older. :babyrolleyes: No advice to offer really as the advice you have been given sounds great to me.

Oh actually the only thing I can think is the crochet woolies are thicker than knitted so maybe that will help alongside with more absorbancy in your nappies.

Good Luck :hug:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby paintedclaws » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:03 pm

tanya2007 wrote:We've had this with Bella as well and I'm afraid I haven't really found a solution, except to change her more often and use PUL wraps or fleece during the day (which amazingly seems to keep her dry!). I was considering putting her in night nappies full time, but given the issues I have with night nappies (we have 2 proper night nappies left after all the others failed :( and I had to sell them to fund new ones), I couldn't justify it.

Good luck finding something that works. I'm just praying Bella consents to PT sooner rather than later, although I'm beginning to suspect that isn't going to be before Sproglet arrives :(


Thanks hun, i'm trying to avoid PUL because whenever i've tried it in the past the wraps have cut into Noah's legs. The last time it took a week for the marks to fade. It was pretty recently too and a wrap that had only a been used a couple of times. :-? I'm glad you've found something that works for you and fingers crossed the new nightnappies work as well.

Rebekahs_mum wrote:Rebekah did this last summer at the same age as Noah & she was nowhere near PT. It was a nightmare as there were puddles everywhere. That's when she started in wool :wink: In the end I had to resort to bedbugs in the morning & then boosted everything else :-? I was changing her every hour in the morning though it did get better through the day. I had some swaddlebees hemp boosters which fit perfectly behind WNNL inserts & Suzanne even made me some 6 layer inserts for my NL. GK boosters went in most of my other fitteds.

The good thing was that it didn't last that long :D Only a couple of months. SO by the time I'd changed her stash it seemed to settle down. :roll: :giggle:
Have you got any WNNN? They'd be cheaper than bedbugs. I've got a new style large I don't mind lending you to try if you want. :D


I messaged you on FB earlier about those NL's :giggle: I thought you'd bought some for Rebekah! We use bedbugs in the mornings. He'll go through two and then has something a bit lighter for his nap, which is usually when he doesn't wee so much. I've only got a handful of GK boosters so will have to get a few more rather than buy more expensive nappies..

We use WNNN's at night time because they're the only nappy that last him, they don't fit him as well as his NL's or bedbugs so i don't think they'd be to good for day. Which is a shame because like you say, they're £10 cheaper.

winniewheresmypooh wrote:Just occasionally Lucas floods his nappies within the hour and he is in fitteds and wool most of the time too. I dread to think when he gets a bit older. :babyrolleyes: No advice to offer really as the advice you have been given sounds great to me.

Oh actually the only thing I can think is the crochet woolies are thicker than knitted so maybe that will help alongside with more absorbancy in your nappies.

Good Luck :hug:


I tend to use crochet wool overnight just for that reason, it's great! But Mike won't let him wear it in the day. :roll: I'm going to be careful with what nappy i choose i think and boost everything else.

Goodluck with Lucas as he gets older, Noah has little phases like this and it drives me mad!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby twinkletot » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Oh nooooooo. I hope you can find a quick solution hun :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Flooding nappies

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:25 pm

paintedclaws wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:We've had this with Bella as well and I'm afraid I haven't really found a solution, except to change her more often and use PUL wraps or fleece during the day (which amazingly seems to keep her dry!). I was considering putting her in night nappies full time, but given the issues I have with night nappies (we have 2 proper night nappies left after all the others failed :( and I had to sell them to fund new ones), I couldn't justify it.

Good luck finding something that works. I'm just praying Bella consents to PT sooner rather than later, although I'm beginning to suspect that isn't going to be before Sproglet arrives :(


Thanks hun, i'm trying to avoid PUL because whenever i've tried it in the past the wraps have cut into Noah's legs. The last time it took a week for the marks to fade. It was pretty recently too and a wrap that had only a been used a couple of times. :-? I'm glad you've found something that works for you and fingers crossed the new nightnappies work as well.

Y'see I had this too with any side snap wraps. So, much as I hate applix, I have bought ME Rikki wraps instead of Airflows (I wasn't gonna buy expensive wraps for a matter of months, I'm being too tight atm :giggle: ) and they seem to fit her much better and don't leave marks on her legs. I would prefer side snap wraps, but won't inflict that on her.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat