hf1

Co-op?

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Co-op?

Postby bryc1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:57 pm

pinksalmon2001 wrote: :hohoho: I am still amazed how much heavier they are when you take them off than they are when you put them on!

same here, yet my HV still argues when I say Roxy will be weighed nappyless she wants to just take 4oz of :roll:.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:00 pm

bryc1 wrote:
pinksalmon2001 wrote: :hohoho: I am still amazed how much heavier they are when you take them off than they are when you put them on!

same here, yet my HV still argues when I say Roxy will be weighed nappyless she wants to just take 4oz of :roll:.

:shock: :-? :-?
But WTS about the weight of a wet nappy! especially our night ones as I boost them to oblivion :hohoho:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:10 pm

bryc1 wrote:

:shock:

Ours are very very strict about baby being nappyless for weigh-ins under a year...
After that they weren't bothered...

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
bryc1 wrote:

:shock:

Ours are very very strict about baby being nappyless for weigh-ins under a year...
After that they weren't bothered...

Unfortunately it is just typical of our HV, kinda get the impression they don't really care just going through the motions especially if you stray away from the norm :roll: :evil:

My avatar
helenNt
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby helenNt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Some hv's unfortunately don't have a clue. I would just continue to insist on weighing nappyless as it is far more accurate. They probably just don't want to have to trouble of having to do any mop ups.

Once I was talking to a hv when I was weaning Connor and was explaining what we were giving him (blw) and she was replying with things like so you give him what you eat but puree it first and I was like no, we don't puree it. When I mentioned blw she pretended to understand but she clearly didn't from her previous comments what it was actually about.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:22 am

monsterm wrote:Thanks ladies. Was genuinely kidding. I'm sure I will know you all quite well by the time I get into the private forum

I agree with the others, just jump in the deep end. You'll be amazed by how quickly your posts increase without you even realising. :wine:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:37 am

helenNt wrote:Once I was talking to a hv when I was weaning Connor and was explaining what we were giving him (blw) and she was replying with things like so you give him what you eat but puree it first and I was like no, we don't puree it. When I mentioned blw she pretended to understand but she clearly didn't from her previous comments what it was actually about.

:giggle: My hv acted really pleased when I mentioned that we were blw but she really doesn't understand it - everytime we see her she asks if Tyler is managing lumps ok :giggle: I just smile and nod now!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:48 am

monsterm wrote:Tbh I spend all my time on here reading. I've just read all 85 pages of the puddlekins thread. Because I am fairly new to this, I have loads of stupid questions & rather than ask I'm reading back to see if I can find out for myself. Think I might start asking.

When I was first starting out I needed a LOT of hand holding as I had no clue about all the types but my long suffering friend Sportyminx guided me through the learning process. All I knew was that I wanted something easy and quick to use..... I was on another forum at the time but there was a good cloth nappy chat thread and the very lovely 2climbingboys tried very hard to help me out! DH was absolutely STUNNED by wool when we first started using it over night. I think he might even be a bigger fan of wool than me! You'll get there eventually. Even a year on I still ask stupid questions, in fact I started a thread yesterday about Fluff and Stuff nappies then promptly deleted it when I realised how stupid my question was! :oops: :oops:
Last edited by 50ftQueenie on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 am

I wish I had been brave enough to ask when I first started - I just bought random things from classified and bumbled my way through! I do still have 2 of the original purchases though so not all bad!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat