hf1

1st night in a dedicated night nappy (updated)

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: 1st night in a dedicated night nappy and fleece soaker

Postby rhead » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am

Yeah, how'd it go??

I've always found fleece soakers to size really small :( ... If you find the XLs don't fit well you can always order some from Julie (Snugglebots) - you can get them made to your measurements with a higher rise and smaller waist/thigh if necessary. :mrgreen:

Alternatively, why not try wool? I resisted it for ages but was hooked the moment I tried it :oops:. It's much stretchier than fleece and doesn't need to be washed after every use (only a couple of times a month) - I always thought it would be a hassle hand-washing and lanolising but it's easy peasy. :wink:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: 1st night in a dedicated night nappy and fleece soaker

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:17 am

Morning ladies.
well i got him up this morning and changed his nappy and his piyamas and vest were a bit cold to touch if you know what i mean but there was no leaks at all. :wine: :wine:
The wnnn was wet all over but as it is a minky lined one both inner and outter it didnt feel too bad and the fleece soaker just felt a bit cold too.
what i did notice is that his room smelt of wee this morning and when i changed him the fleece soaker realy smelt of wee too but i am assuming thats normal as the urine has been able to evaporate or something by using the fleece.

anyway, so far so good. i am edging on the side of caution as have got my hopes up before so am just going to see what happens. problem is hes going to have to go to bed in a disposable tonight as i am still waiting on the other wnnn off here and i only ordered a new one for myself yesterday so i cant see that turning up anytime soon. oh and we have only 1 fleece soaker too so far...more are on the way though but as you can see, we are realy desperate for night nappies here! lol

ps...cash is very very low hence not even contemplating going down the wool road at the moment. we just dont have the funds to experiment too much :(

thanks ladies x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: 1st night in a dedicated night nappy (updated)

Postby rhead » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Glad it worked! That's the downside of fleece, it needs washing after every use (generally speaking) because it gets stinky. It is pretty cheap though, and easy to wash and dries in nothing flat. You could keep an eye out (or put up a wanted) for some cheap wool shorties or soakers though, I've found some for £5-6 in the past. :wink:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat